OT: Steering wheel

Page 7 of 16
On 31/03/2016 15:06, Mr Macaw wrote:

Yes, but two wheels on the pavement were allowed in that road anyway.
--
Bod

There seems to be no clear law on this. Technically I think it's always illegal, but usually ignored in areas where it's required, like a narrow residential street with no driveways, full of morons that have 5 cars and a tiny house.
--
What's the difference between PMS and Mad Cow Disease?
The number of tits.
On 31/03/2016 15:36, Mr Macaw wrote:

Down here there are plenty of roads that allow it. Many have markings on the pavements indicating that it is allowed.
--
Bod

Show me such a marking, using google maps as necessary. I know of no marking which says "you may go on the pavement".
--
WEDDING DRESS FOR SALE.
Worn once by mistake.
On 31/03/2016 15:44, Mr Macaw wrote:

It exists.
Try Google Maps and Streetview for Rochester Way (the old A2) just west of the Well Hall Roundabout (the junction with the S Circ. Rd.).

Oh, here? https://goo.gl/maps/inEnPqdiVT12
Just parking spaces on the pavement then. Usually I see exactly that, but the kerb is the other side of the parking spaces, i.e. the parking spaces are on the road. Looks like someone made an unnecessarily wide pavement to begin with.
--
Some people's brains are purely for life support purposes only.

It appears @80% of the cars on those streets pull forward into their driveways.
On 31/03/2016 17:40, Vic Smith wrote:

How interesting...
...and?

It means those who reverse are quite odd.
--
Cobra: 2 conjoined bras.

On 31/03/2016 18:15, Mr Macaw wrote:

Whether one reverses or drives forward into a driveway is a matter dictated by the vehicle in use, the circumstances of the location and the layout of the property. There is no single right answer.

The only reason for ever reversing into something is when you have something to get out of the boot and need it at the back.
--
What do you call an Amish man with his arm up a horse's ass?
A mechanic.
On 31/03/2016 15:44, Mr Macaw wrote:

It's not allowed in Scotland. Google it.
--
Bod

Take a look along the length of this street. When everybody is home from work, there are 5 times as many on the pavement. There is nowhere else to park. And for some reason nobody ever gets into trouble for it. https://goo.gl/maps/o3KWW16NgpL2
--
The teacher wrote "Like I ain't had no fun in months" on the board and then she said, "Timmy, how should I correct that?"
Timmy replied, "Maybe get a new boyfriend?"

Over here the "pavement" IS the road.
Limeys.

Neither is paved nowadays. The car part is tarmac and so is the walking part.
--
The world record for a talking bird is 1728 words by a budgerigar named Puck, having the same vocabulary as an estate agent.

On Thu, 31 Mar 2016 13:24:42 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

There are quite a few cyclists, if uk.rec.cycling is to be believed, who feel the same way back here.

A cyclist is more similar to a pedestrian than a car, so he should be on the walking part of the travelling route. FFS I wish yanks could use the same terms.
When I cycle, I always use the clearest part, so as to get in the way of the least people.
--
"His idea of safe sex is an `X' spray-painted on the rump of animals that are known to kick."

I think responsible cyclists could co-exist with pedestrians on suitable pavements, why not?

I wish they'd sort out their crisps and chips, along their jello. And as for their spelling - let's not go there.

As I say, if you are responsible, cycling on pavements should be no more of a problem than electric wheelchairs are.
On 31/03/2016 19:41, skate wrote:

As long as one gives the pedestrian priority and the path is not full of cyclists, then there should be no problem. Having said that, I feel that the road should always be used in preference, unless it is dangerous for cylists on that particular road.
--
Bod

Why should the pedestrian have priority? A cyclist as far as I'm concerned IS a pedestrian, just a slightly faster one. There is no addition of an engine. If I'm walking along a footpath and see a cyclist coming, I step to the side, as it's easier for me to do that than for him to change course. Just as if I'm in a canoe and see a large paddlesteamer approaching, I get out of the way, it's easier for me to change course than him.

No, if there's a car passing every 10 seconds on the road, and a pedestrian every 10 minutes on the pavement, use the pavement, it causes less conflicts.
--
Yellatio: Really loud oral sex