OT: Steering wheel

Page 5 of 16

No it doesn't. I never mentioned me reversing into anything.

A wall and other vehicles are not below the bottom of your rear window.

99% of cars do not have reversing cameras, yet I see people reversing into and out of spaces every day with no difficulty whatsoever.
--
The remarkable thing about my mother is that for 30 years she served us nothing but leftovers. The original meal has never been found. -- Calvin Trillin

Yes, but people have to actually use the camera. Do they also have "radar" to actually see something in the way? I've always been extra careful about keeping little kids clear when backing up. Dogs are bad too. I've got one that will run right under the tires when my wife enters the driveway. A really stupid dog.
On Thu, 24 Mar 2016 02:56:36 -0500, Vic Smith

the dog worth?
On Thu, 24 Mar 2016 08:17:58 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

She's a house dog. I just don't let her loose anymore when the wife is using the driveway. No effort.

Dogs can be trained.
--
Ignoranus (n): A person who's both stupid and an asshole.

On 24/03/2016 20:31, Mr Macaw wrote:

stressful for dog and owner to be trained with being gentle but firm and with rewards.
--
Bod

If you wish, but we both agree you can train a dog.
As for the method, that depends on the dog. I know plenty people who try the nice way, and the dog just ignores it. Same applies to kids, some just need smacked.
--
Sprinter Tim Montgomery is banned 2 years for doping.
Track officials began to suspect he might be juicing.
On 24/03/2016 21:05, Mr Macaw wrote:

goes for an animal.
--
Bod

On 3/24/2016 3:56 AM, Vic Smith wrote:

cross traffic too. Mine beeps at 3 feet and changes to a constant sound at 18" or so.

I'd prefer that over a camera.
On Thu, 24 Mar 2016 13:57:01 -0500, Vic Smith

1.2" sign post that you can see in your mirror or rear view camera.

Those alarms are just meant to guide you as to how close you've got to the car or wall you already know is there. You shouldn't be reversing without looking just because it isn't bleeping.
--
"I have left orders to be awakened at any time in case of national emergency, even if I'm in a cabinet meeting." - Ronald Reagan

On 3/24/2016 4:18 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

No beep on Subaru's. Guy told me it did not stop his father in law from backing into his mailbox. Then he told me his father in law was 92 years old.

You guys still have to collect your own mail?
--
Confucius say: "Boy who go to sleep with stiff problem wake up with solution in hand."

On 3/24/2016 6:43 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

I'd be surprised if the camera did not flag it. Mine shows yellow safe lane to back into then as you near something like a curb there is a yellow then red zone in back where you should stop. Even does that when backing turning around driveway.
I always like to back in when parking and most parking lots are like that. I did once damage car backing into my garage and if I had camera would not have done it.

Backing out is so much easier. Back into the large space, drive forwards into the small space.
--
How does a man know when his wife is losing interest?
When her favorite sexual position is next door.
On 3/24/2016 7:18 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

back out of the garage where do you go? If you cannot turn around it is more dangerous to back into traffic on a busy street.
My street in not busy, but on a hill. I prefer backing in so I can pull forward into the street and up the hill.

Consider coming home. You try to back into your drive, you have to stop first, others have to get past you, you get in their way while you reverse into your drive. But when you're leaving, you can wait for a gap in traffic to reverse out.
-- Los Angeles's full name is “El Pueblo de Nuestra Senora la Reina de los Angeles de Porciuncula” and can be abbreviated to 3.63% of its size, “L.A.”
On 3/24/2016 8:36 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

On my street I have a car behind me maybe once a month so backing is easy. It also allows the driver door to be on the same side as the side door of the house. If my wife will be going with me next trip I pull in so she does not have to walk as far.
Overall, it is just easier to pull out and go up the hill as I go in that direction 99% of the time.

I reverse into my drive maybe twice a year, if I've got something heavy in the boot to get out.

No good at hill starts?
-- A bunch of lawyers were sitting around the office playing poker. “I win!” says Johnson at which point Henderson throws down his cards. “That’s it! I've had it! Johnson is cheating!!!” “How can you tell?” Phillips asked. “Those aren't the cards I dealt him!”