OT: Steering wheel

Page 12 of 16

Please go back to your loony church.
--
Peter is listening to The Who - Behind Blue Eyes

On Thu, 31 Mar 2016 18:49:50 -0500, SeaNymph

I would love to visit the US (and indeed Canada) but have no foreseeable plans to do so. I am sure it's going to happen, though.
So many exciting places, I wouldn't know which coast to start with at the moment. I know I've got to see New York and Central Park, L.A. and Hollywood but the wish list is really endless... I'll be daydreaming all day now.
On 4/1/2016 3:33 AM, skate wrote:

|| [christmas presents]
Please trim excess trailing text.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Please go back to your loony church.
--
Peter is listening to The Who - Behind Blue Eyes

On 4/1/2016 3:33 AM, skate wrote:

I hope you do get to visit the USA some time. You can enjoy some of the same things we do. Mugging, road rage, agressive drivers, home invasions, excess taxation, and all the other pleasures of USA life.
Tom Lehrer sang about that, so many years ago.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nz_-KNNl-no

--
.
Christopher A. Young

But you have cheap petrol.
--
A woman was standing at the edge of a cliff trying to get the nerve to jump off.
A homeless drunk stopped and mumbled, "If you're about to kill yourself, how about a shag before you go?"
On 4/1/2016 2:33 AM, skate wrote:

different.
On 01/04/2016 13:15, SeaNymph wrote:

People are surprised when I tell foreigners that there are over 6 thousand islands in the British Isles.
--
Bod

Ner ner ner ner ner!!!
--
A sign at the golf course detailing the dress code:
Guys: No Shirts, No Golf

It's surprising, because you can't see them from more than 1 mile away due to fog or rain.
--
A sign at the golf course detailing the dress code:
Guys: No Shirts, No Golf
On 01/04/2016 08:33, skate wrote:

You have to see those places (especially LA, which is wonderful), but don't ignore Texas. Austin is the cultural as well as political capital, but there's history at San Antonio and the phenomenon of the JFK assassination industry at Dallas.

On 4/1/2016 9:51 AM, JNugent wrote:

Austin is worth going to so one can see the millions of bats emerging from under the Congress Street bridge. It's quite a spectacle. Then there is almost something going on in Austin :)
On 01/04/2016 18:25, SeaNymph wrote:

The drive from Dallas to Lubbock (along state route 82) was an eye-opener too, mainly due to the distances involved.
I assumed I'd be able to get fuel just about anywhere. But about half-way along 82, the GPS was telling me that the nearest filling station was further in front of me than I had enough fuel for.
I was saved from ignominious grovelling to the car rental company by a general store (the real old-fashioned thing) in a place called Guthrie, which had two pumps around the side.
Never so glad to see a fuel pump...
On Route 82 travelling west, I had the definitive answer: this IS the way to Amarillo.
On 4/1/2016 12:39 PM, JNugent wrote:

One always wants to see Amarillo by morning, up from San Antone :)
There are some huge distances involved in traveling Texas. The trip from El Paso to San Antonio is long and there's not much there.

But they'll never know as you deleted their newsgroup.
--
In 1999 the creators of KY Jelly created a new product. It was called "Y2K Jelly." It allowed you to get four digits in your date instead of two.

I will make sure my wish list of places to check out in the US includes the Lone Star State with particular reference to those places you have mentioned above. Ta!
On 4/1/2016 12:43 PM, skate wrote:

of mine from upstate New York visited me once, down on the gulf coast where I lived. He wanted to see where the movie The Alamo was filmed, so off we went to Bracketville.

Time to snip a bit; and cut the xpost. fu set
(if there was an alt.tourism.canada, maybe that'd be the place to go?)
PS please don't post positive things to urc, it's just for trolls to bicker in.
--
Bah, and indeed, Humbug

On 01/04/2016 00:49, SeaNymph wrote:

I hope you don't mind my intrusion, but I quite like Austin.
Great music. Good food. Nice people.