OT: Steering wheel

Page 1 of 16
Where do you put your hands on the steering wheel when driving? I noticed one person at the 10 to 2 position (oh dear), then everyone else seemed to have just their right hand on the wheel, but near the top! I thought most people (unless they're learning to drive) put their hand at the bottom.

I use my left knee.

Who's a big boy then?
--
Scientists recently conducted a marijuana taste test.
Nobody seems to be able to remember the results.

Some are real men ...
On 3/21/2016 11:49 AM, Mr Macaw wrote:

With most air bags, you better have hands below where they might go off otherwise you might get a thumb in you eye in an accident.

So the 10 to 2 position we're taught is actually dangerous?
--
When shagging a goat you are best taking it to the edge of a cliff because they push back harder. -- Billy Connelly

On 21/03/2016 17:02, Mr Macaw wrote:

--
Bod

Does one of you do the pedals with their hands?
--
A hard-on doesn't count as personal growth.

On 21/03/2016 17:21, Mr Macaw wrote:

driving style.
--
Bod

So who steers?
--
Next time you wave at me, use more than one finger please.

On 21/03/2016 18:46, Mr Macaw wrote:

--
Bod

You probably get away with 10 and 2. It is high noon that will get you a punch in the face. Rings and watches only make that worse. If things are getting dicey, you probably want both hands on the wheel anyway.
On Mon, 21 Mar 2016 13:31:03 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

back, missing your face .
snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca formulated the question :

Wouldn't a steering ball be more better? That way only one hand is needed to steer. The other hand can hold the cell phone, yes?

WRONG! You need one hand for your cellphone and the other hand for your beer. You steer with your left knee!

Why the LEFT knee?
--
If quizzes are quizzical, what are tests?

where is the best location to install the suicide knob?

The what?
--
A group of cowboys were branding some cattle.
While they were out the cook saw a sheep tied to a post. Thinking it was for that nights dinner he cooked it.

wheel. You grip it with one hand and use it to turn the stering wheel. The knob will face you and is made to rotate so you can get a good grip on the wheel.
Makes it easy to back up the car and drive with one hand while drinking the beer with the other.
I think the government made it illegal in the US because it might hirt you in a crash.
@earthlink.net says...

Not so.
http://www.suicideknob.net/state_laws.html
--