OT: Steam Shovel Terminology

micky wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

A lot, when I use the search terms" excavator canada" or "tlb canada".

now looks a lot like their original page.

Never noticed that before, but you're right.

Typing "maps.goo" takes me to maps.google.com, centered over Nebraska.

Reply to
Tegger

That makes sense!

Exactly. Now that there are google maps, images, translate, etc. I don't want it to look like the original page. I want it to have the google links on it.

Highlighting the search terms, each word in its own color, was worth a lot, but it's gone.

Wow. I actually meant maps google.com, but now I know maps.goo is enough (maybe using a feature of the browse).

But my point was, when there were links at the top of the page, I didn't have to type anything.

They made google cache more difficult, I assume, because their servers were tired, because people probably used them a lot when they could just go to the real webpage, but I can't see why they would deemphasize images, shopping, maps, translate, etc.

Reply to
micky

micky wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Maybe they get more ad dollars by making people search for absolutely everything?

Reply to
Tegger

One of my darker skinned cousins defined the sex trade for me one day. He said, "A Ho, she a professional, she do it fo money. A hoar do it wit anybody." ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas