OT: Spruce gum cleanup

Hi all,
I recently got some spruce gum on my felt cowboy hat. Anyone know how to clean it off?

If you really like the hat, you might want to contact this guy via phone or e-mail: http://www.davebrownhats.com /
An article about him: http://www.rnews.com/Story_2004.cfm?ID &773&rnews_story_types&category
You might also contact a few local dry cleaners. One might light up and sound like he/she knows exactly what to do. But, if you sense any guessing, run away quick.
Terpentine will dissolve it, but that mad drive some of the gum deeper into the felt fibers. Worth a try if the hat is otherwise unuseable.-Jitney .
GoHabsGo wrote:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&safe=off&q=removing+sap+fabric
There are products such as Goo Gone and Desolv-it that would probably work. Safest thing to do is to bring it to a drycleaner.
Thanks for the pointers guys. I tried acetone free nail polish remover on an old towel then dabbed the gum right off.