OT - Source for FXL Projector Bulbs

I need to order some FXL 82V 410W overhead projector bulbs.

I can get them here:

or here:

The Cousins Video bulbs seem to be Eiko bulbs, while the Divine Lighting bulbs seem to be generic equivalents.

The cost difference is not an issue, so I'm just curious if the name brand Eiko bulbs would be better quality as far as brightness, lifespan, etc.

Thoughts?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

JoeSpareBedroom

You're kidding, right?

Even their cases of 24 come to almost $14/bulb.

My sources are both under $6.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

You're kidding, right?

Even their cases of 24 come to almost $14/bulb.

My sources are both under $6.

==========

I just provided a possible alternative. I didn't check the prices. I charge an exorbitant fee for that service.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

.

re: "I charge an exorbitant fee for that service."

If I'm going to spend extra money, I'll spend it on the bulbs and eliminate the middle man. ;-)

Sources I've got...it's more of a "generic sourcing" vs. a "name brand sourcing" question and how that might relate to quality.

My biggest issue is that we sometimes take the projectors from freezing cold cars into a room for presentations. We've found that if we turn the projectors on too soon, we *sometimes* lose a bulb.

I was wondering if the name brand (Eiko) might have stronger filaments or other features that might make them more hardy.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

re: "I charge an exorbitant fee for that service."

If I'm going to spend extra money, I'll spend it on the bulbs and eliminate the middle man. ;-)

Sources I've got...it's more of a "generic sourcing" vs. a "name brand sourcing" question and how that might relate to quality.

My biggest issue is that we sometimes take the projectors from freezing cold cars into a room for presentations. We've found that if we turn the projectors on too soon, we *sometimes* lose a bulb.

I was wondering if the name brand (Eiko) might have stronger filaments or other features that might make them more hardy.

====================

"Doctor, it hurts when I do this." "Well, then don't do that."

Remove the bulbs and keep them in the heated part of the car with you. Or, remove them once they're inside the building. The projectors act as little refrigerators. The bulbs will warm up quickly just sitting on a table.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

.

ide quoted text -

Extra work, extra wear on the bulb holders, extra work, people I wouldn't trust to sharpen my pencils removing and installing bulbs, extra work.

I've got a ton of excuses. Did I mention extra work?

Reply to
DerbyDad03