OT sour grapes on the 4th of July

Page 2 of 2
Eigenvector wrote:

I'm in Texas. All our public service announcements here remind people to point their firearms groundward instead of up in the air.
For safety's sake. Think of the children!

http://www.komotv.com/news/8331442.html
But your response reminded me, I didn't go to the rifle range this year like I typically do. And worse, I'm not even in a match this month! This new ball and chain of a house has seriously cut into my range time.
The vast, vast majority of 'em have never -ever- celebrated Independence Day. Don't really comprehend the concept.
It has become National Asshole Day. A Grand Competition to see who will be the first to burn a neighbors house down.
Extra bonus points question: What does it mean when: 1.) Everyone and they uncle is celebrating like crazy, everywhere you look. 2.) A Glass Eye, that just *happened* to be mounted inna Duck's Arse, could Plainly, Plainly See that there's Absolutely Less Than Nothing to celebrate (at least on a national level). ???
AQ

Who's this "them" of which you speak? Native Americans? Kids? Americans in general?

Depends on your definition of celebrate. If you mean make a hoopty noise about how great we are as a country, yeah, you're right. But if you mean mark with humility our beginnings and the selfless principles upon which this nation was founded, then there's even more reason to mark Independence Day in times like these than there is when things are good.

Assholes. Not at all difficult to identify.

Dunno why you'd have to ask ...

You mean the values that are regularly getting trashed on a daily basis?

Celebrate the values that no longer exist? Not for me.
AQ