OT - snow far

Page 5 of 5
On 1/24/2016 6:13 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:

Here, today, it got up to 56°. We're having a heat wave.
--
Maggie

About 3 feet here in NW Baltimore.
On 1/23/2016 8:25 AM, Frank wrote:

You going to church tomorrow?
On 1/23/2016 6:15 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Don't have to. Been staying home praying all day.
On 1/23/2016 7:27 PM, Frank wrote:

I'll roger that. Probably plenty of praying going on in the USA, today.
Historical seasonal average snowfall TOTALS for the northeast range from 20-30". That's as measured from Dec. 21 to March 21.
The last two winters(2013-14 and 2014-15) CT alone got over 60" in that time period! Philadelphia and NY City got almost an entire SEASON's average in the one storm on Saturday Jan. 23!
And Alaska has averaged way below what New England totalled the last few seasons, so with all of this I don't know WHAT the heck is going on! I'm just sick of living in the winter bullseye of mother Earth.
On Saturday, January 23, 2016 at 8:26:39 AM UTC-5, Frank wrote:

We're NE of Baltimore. I had to shovel a path from the back door to the gre enhouse for my wife to get out there; she measured 27" of snow in that area . It was 10 degrees when I got up this morning. The greenhouse held at 60 b ut I'm looking forward to a large electric bill.
Paul
On 1/25/2016 7:17 AM, Pavel314 wrote:

What type of heat do you use in your green house?
--
Maggie

On Tuesday, January 26, 2016 at 12:48:51 AM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:

area. It was 10 degrees when I got up this morning. The greenhouse held at 60 but I'm looking forward to a large electric bill.

We use a 220 volt heater. The body is an orange cube about one foot on a si de. I believe it's 5,000 watts. I'd like to convert to propane or fuel oil; maybe now that I'm retired I can work on that this summer.
Paul
On 1/27/2016 11:36 AM, Pavel314 wrote:

We've converted our hoop green house into a wood frame, but didn't get it finished before winter. We did get the sides and roof covered and insulated and then covered the whole thing with our former hoop house plastic cover. With all the insulation we've used half the propane this year to heat it than we used last year, plus, since we have fish tanks in there, the water helps maintain the ambient temps.
--
Maggie