OT Simple question for muggles

Page 2 of 3  
On 2/16/2016 10:06 AM, trader_4 wrote:

[...]

My response is valid. Don wants respect, but he's not willing to GIVE respect in his responses to me. It's simple.
--
Maggie

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 2/16/2016 11:06 AM, Muggles wrote:

Telling people what's acceptable as far as posting goes isn't very respectful, imo. I'm pretty sure I know what you really mean.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Tue, 16 Feb 2016 12:29:10 -0600

You still are the head troll/denier! Forget not the two daves threw you under the bus for a reason.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Tue, 16 Feb 2016 13:43:20 -0500
Sorry meant that for jenn.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Respect is _earned_, not granted a priori.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 2/16/2016 11:44 AM, Scott Lurndal wrote:

(sigh) She still doesn't "get it". Keeps trying to play the spin (I guess that question was OVER HER HEAD considering how hard it seems for her to answer it).
She can also look back on my earlier comments (same thread and threads in the past months) to see how "fair a shake" I gave her.
She wants to be a part of a discussion but only the parts that suit her!
Lump her in the category of folks who can't CONTRIBUTE to a discussion; just want to drag it out ("Look at me! Look at me!").
"Nothing to see, here, folks. Move along."
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 2/16/2016 12:53 PM, Don Y wrote:

Fair shake?? We don't agree. When the topic didn't go your way, you flaked out.

You jumped into a discussion you didn't like to begin with having an agenda that wasn't all that nice.
I asked you WHY you joined in a discussion that you really didn't like the topic, and this is what you told me:
"I'm tired of all the holy rollers going unchallenged in their attempts to impose *their* delusions on my life and those around me. When you want to stick to your "clubhouse" (aka church/temple/etc.) and recite your chants to yourself, that's fine. Just don't leave the building! "
I am not the sum total of all your unchallenged holy rollers who have ticked you off and irritated you, and I don't deserve your disdain, mistreatment, or contemptuous comments.

Have you really paid attention to all the OT threads where dozens of people discuss all sorts of topics you may not consider to be a contribution you're interested in??
You're flaking out on the topic we were discussing has brought more attention to you complaining about how I "disrespected" you in some way by not following your lead in the discussion.

Yeah ... I've done nothing wrong.
--
Maggie

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 2/16/2016 1:34 PM, Muggles wrote:

opinion, which you are entitled to.
You made claims, you refused to back them up no matter who asked you to do so. You fixated on one thing hoping everything else will fade away. Doesn't work that way.
If you want respect, then show some. Stop trying to make people post only in a manner you find acceptable. You know what they say, if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 2/16/2016 12:44 PM, Scott Lurndal wrote:

Don decided he didn't like how the discussion was going, so he decided he should begin disrespecting me. I stopped responding to his demands within the discussion because he could not respond TO me in a respectful manner.
He wants respect - I want respect. My guess is he's used to demanding and getting his way, and if he doesn't he treats that person with disdain.
--
Maggie

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 2/16/2016 1:26 PM, Muggles wrote:

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Tuesday, February 16, 2016 at 2:26:33 PM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:

Actually, he posted a simple, civil, direct question, which was a great opportunity for you to respond directly to. Instead, it's the poor little me, I'm the victim, everyone attacks me, etc.
I stopped responding to his demands

And excuse will do for a troll. Don's right, you only respond to the parts that you like, that are favorable to you.

I have respect for Don and most of the others here. You? No, because of what you just demonstrated.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 2/16/2016 1:37 PM, trader_4 wrote:

You respect only the people who agree with you. Anyone can do that.
--
Maggie

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Tuesday, February 16, 2016 at 3:26:13 PM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:

BS. I don't respect jerks like you who start some big discussion, then just flat out refuse to answer simple questions that go to the heart of the discussion, instead start spinning, talking in circles and then top it off by playing the victim card.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Tuesday, February 16, 2016 at 2:26:33 PM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:

He only did that when you started lying, eg "No one answered my question about what kind of proof would be acceptable" and refused to answer simple, direct questions that go to the heart of the discussion that YOU started.

You started lying and stopped responding because it's what you do, it's what trolls do. And curious how we have some of the friends you've accumulated over the years showing up here, saying how you've done the same thing in other groups, changing nyms, etc. No one else here has that proble

Yes, poor little old you.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 2/17/2016 7:28 AM, trader_4 wrote:

No one DID answer the question.
--
Maggie

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 2/17/2016 1:10 PM, Muggles wrote:

answer seems to be that you then tried to make it into something it wasn't, like something being tried in a court of law. You were the only person who kept bringing that up, and in spite of several people explaining it, you just muggled on your merry way.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 2/17/2016 1:10 PM, Muggles wrote:

won't face me directly <g>
You never actually asked a question, what you did was say, "I suppose it depends on what you'll accept as "evidence".
That is immediately followed by a response to your statement:"What a court would accept would be a good place to start." There is no mention of hearing this discussion in a court of law, there is no indication that other evidence might not be acceptable, just a simple statement following your statement.
Then your spin started with: " Who would you say is qualified to rule on in a court of law as to whether or not there is evidence that God exists?"
There was never any mention of taking this into a court of law, other than by you. IOW, if the evidence provided would be considered acceptable in a court of law, it's probably evidence that most folks would accept. Nothing about having the discussion heard in a court, nothing indicating that other evidence might not be acceptable.
Then you go completely off the reservation with this, which is peppered with unfounded assumptions that have no basis in actual fact. It's clearly your opinion, and nothing more.
"I could provide evidence that I believe is sufficient to prove God exists, then you could/would counter with "I don't accept THAT as legitimate evidence", so I'm skipping that song-n-dance/2-step part of the discussion, and proceeding directly to "go" and asking for what you *would* accept as "evidence" that God exists."
Your statement makes no sense because this came after your statement had been made and an answered provided.
So, simply provide your "evidence" and let the chips fall where they may. Seems really straightforward to me.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 2/16/2016 12:44 PM, Scott Lurndal wrote:

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 2/16/2016 12:31 PM, SeaNymph wrote:

Really SIMPLE QUESTION. How many thousands of keystrokes will she devote to NOT answering it?
She's just a whining troll. When she's taken to task (after repeated attempts to cajole the answer out of her) she cries like someone has wronged her.
She would be hilarious to see on a witness stand: "The witness will answer the question"
"But he didn't ask me nicely!"
"The witness will answer the question or be held in contempt"
"See? You're all out to GET ME!"
"Bailiff, please escort the witness to a holding cell where she will remain until she is willing to comply with the terms of this court..."
I wonder if crying was her way of getting mommy and daddy to accede to her wishes?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 2/16/2016 1:47 PM, Don Y wrote:

Again, you're being disrespectful and demanding.
--
Maggie

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Related Threads

    HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.