OT: shuttle

Nice... thanks Greg.

Sorry Greg if I go slightly off topic here but from where I live (Houston suburbs), I think Houston got screwed outa one shuttle for display. Of course being in a Republican state surely didn't help any.

Reply to
Doug

Houston certinally didnt protect the apollo stack that nearly collapsed from rot, after sitting exposed outside nearly forever

Reply to
bob haller

I don't know about that. I've seen it years ago and since never heard a word about this both locally or nationally. I never heard any reason given why Houston got the shaft so I assumed politics. But if what you say is true, it will be interesting to see if these other cities do better. Considering tho that the astronauts typically lived around here as well as the flight control center located here, I just thought it was fitting to have one here.

Reply to
Doug

a condition of anyone getting a shuttle was properly protecting it from the weather...

so the remaining shuttles went to good homes

Reply to
bob haller

I don't know but I thought outa respect Houston should have at least one. A lot of local manhours went into building it and training for it around here. Oh well...

Reply to
Doug

Maybe they'll let you have the last 747

Reply to
harry

The orbiters are now museum pieces. Since there only a few you place then so that the most people can see them.

Reply to
George

WOW -

but how do you get to/from the flight deck, as I don't see any opening/door behind the seating area ??

Reply to
ps56k

I was wondering too. Must be a door. I also thought there were more seats up there.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

Look behind the seats.