OT: Show of Hands

Page 3 of 4
For posting stupid OT in this group:
/ \ |\_/| |---| | | | | _ |=-=| _ _ / \| |/ \ / \| | | ||\ | | | | | \> | | | | | \ | - - - - |) ) | / \ / \ / \ / \ / | |
notbob wrote:

+1
--
PV

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and
drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever."
It shows your level of intelligence that when something is clearly labeled OT you still take time to read it and then more time to complain about it. You're a glutton for punishment.

Ashton Crusher wrote:
Net nanny goes....PLONK
--
PV

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and
drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever."

Do you have no self control? Do you not know how to use your newsreader to filter? I believe the problem lies with *you*
On 1/1/2013 7:27 PM, ChairMan wrote:

So you are saying for example if you were in a movie theater or restaurant and someone was behaving like a juvenile and annoying everyone it would be your fault?
On 01-01-2013 17:23, notbob wrote:

Congratulations! Not many people can win entry inro the kill file with only one post!
--
Wes Groleau

“In the field of language teaching, Method A is the logical

More off topic political shit....
P L O N K

What we need is "Saw-Stop" technology on bullets, restricted to human flesh.
On Tue, 1 Jan 2013 22:03:25 +0000 (UTC), Red Green

<grin>

Better yet does anyone know WHY we have the 2nd amm. ?? (hint... it isn't hunting or self defense against intruders though those are side benefits)
OOH!!! OOH!!! <WAVES HANDS>

Better yet does anyone know WHY we have the 2nd amm. ?? (hint... it isn't hunting or self defense against intruders though those are side benefits)

Well, it is for self defense against anyone who would do you harm, including the government.
On Tue, 01 Jan 2013 23:21:20 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

I don't disagree with your statement since I think in practice that's what the founders would have expected the most likely scenario to be. However, there is nothing in the second amendment that limits it to defensive use of arms against the gvt. Up until the civil war it was generally held that states had a right to secede from the Union. When the South did, the North took up arms against the south to force them back into the union. Seems kind of ironic inasmuch as the South was doing the same thing the US did in regard to England.

Good grief. There is nothing in the second amendment that limits the use of guns AT ALL. The reason given for the second was the defense of self. including from and out of control government.

There was one big difference.
snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote in

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alien_and_Sedition_Acts ????
--
Best regards
Han

...and that has relevance exactly how??

You mean like Han?
snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote in

Been away from this group for a while. Now I know why.
There are opinions that the Alien_and_Sedition_Acts nullified the portions of the second amendment that are often interpreted as allowing armed resistance to the US government.
--
Best regards
Han

How exactly does a law, reagrdless of what it says, "nullify" an amendment to the Constitution? Sounds like another lib classic. Are you one of Obama's lawyers?