OT Short of news in the UK

My guess, is you are spot on, mate. Your wisdom is welcome, here. Much needed.

.

I could be wrong, but this fad started in the California justice system. LA county jail would be my best guess.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Oren wrote in news:oku3n7pe71imc90mmpk1ql0i6s6gii892t@

4ax.com:

I hate his guts too. But you have to admit he's a smart cookie. No possessions that could be taken away by any court action, not even his suits.

Reply to
Han

" snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

At the moment the "evidence" AFAICT is very thin on either side.

Reply to
Han

You still work at the VA? I have a question about Fed Health Insurance. The last time I was interested, Fed employees had at least a couple different plans to choose from. One was from the local Blues and the other was from United Healthcare (at least the region I was in). Do you still have more than a single company to choose from? Anybody else on Fed payroll, feel free to chime in.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

Kurt Ullman wrote in news:qrWdnfdScojkje_SnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

I'm sorry, even if I did still work at the VA, I can't answer the question without asking someone who is a VA employee. I've always been WOC - without compensation. It's a long story, but comes down to me being an employee of Weill Cornell Medical College, and with their compensation and benefits, while being stationed most of the time in the VA.

I probably could ask someone, but it may be better for you to inform yourself at the institution you are interested in.

Reply to
Han

Trayvon's mother is already trademarking a couple of slogans being used by the protestors.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Yes, it is very murky. No doubt the kid was on tip. At that point, no doubt that Z was fearful. Perhaps shooting was his only recourse.

What we don't know though, is why. Maybe the kid was the aggressor, but maybe, just maybe, Z did something that we don't know about. Maybe, if we knew, we'd say, yes, he should have the crap beat out of him.

Anyone that says this is a simple self defense case is not using facts to make that decision. We still have a lot to hear about, to learn about. We should really keep an open mind until the facts are in.

No one though, said that asking a question justifies punching. That is one of those murky spots where we don't know what was said or done. I can see two opposite scenarios leading to an altercation. Could have been started by either party.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Ed Pawlowski wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

note how they are showing a pic of Tray when he was like 12,and not the gold-tooh "grill" thug-style pics that were on his Facebook page,that were I believe deleted. It's whitewashing his image.

did you read the Miami Herald revelations about Tray?

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Ed Pawlowski wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

the Miami Herald ran an article yesterday about Tray having multiple suspensions,and his being found with 12 pieces of women's jewelry and a flat-blade screwdriver in his backpack,that the security officer described as a "burglary tool". He claimed a "friend gave them to him to hold". Maybe he was looking for houses to burgle when Zimmerman saw him "acting suspiciously". Also,HOW does a 17 yr old get the money for a gold "grill"? maybe stealing jewelry?

it DOES establish that Tray was a vandal(graffiti),burgler-thief,and an illegal drug user. NOT the "innocent kid" he's being portrayed as.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

It 's not a presumption It's a rational and logical derivation. that young black males are apt to be more dangerous to you than any other member of society by a LARGE factor

And you were making comments about others making assumptions and conjecture And then you do it yourself.

It appears that Martin first slowed down to get Zimmerman closer then turned and confronted him with the statement: "Why were you following me.." After which a scuffle was heard..

Reply to
Attila.Iskander

Deserved it ?? What kind of crappy argument is that ? And you were babbling about assumptions and conjecture somewhere else...

Not if he was on top

Not a justifiable reason for assault

Doesn't stop you from spouting even the most inane conjecture in the face of the evidence that we already have

Reply to
Attila.Iskander

For use in marketing videos.

Reply to
krw

The "evidence" that the gene pool is cleaner is pretty good. The "evidence" that Zimmerman did anything wrong is nonexistent. Barring that "evidence" he cannot even be charged with making loud noises. Well, Obama doesn't need any "evidence".

Reply to
krw

So you're just stirring shit. Got it, but you do understand that people's lives are on the line here.

Reply to
krw

Just as everyone is saying the kid deserved it. We don't know.

But before he was on top, was he staring down the barrel of a gun? Physically held? We don't know that.

It may not be justified, but it happens thousands of times every day. Most often it is a fistfight, but many a gun has been drawn over minor happenings.

My conjecture is just that It can go either way, as opposed to those that have made a determination based on part of the story. Because there is not enough evidence just yet to draw a conclusion. On either side. I'm maintaining an open mind until a proper investigation is complete.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Mom yesterday weighed in that because of these revelations the cops were trying to "demonize the victim". Pot? Kettle?

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

" snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Well not as clean as it could be if you promise not to have offspring....

Reply to
Bill Kniess

It was. Now Zimmerman has to go out an buy another. Bummer.

It was.

I haven't seen any reports regarding these.

His nose was broken, so I assume some physician examined him.

I'm sure there are more scientific determinations than we've heard about, especially since the state has taken over - or is watching - the investigation.

The "past life" of a party sometimes has a bearing; it's called "pattern of conduct."

Reply to
HeyBub

He most certainly did have the right to inquire as to the reason a stranger was lurking about the neighborhood. The stranger, of course, had the right to decline an answer. Further, Zimmerman had an absolute right to follow Martin. If Martin did not like being followed, he had the option of leaving the neighborhood.

Reply to
HeyBub

He did have the right as an individual. I haven't gotten a clear picture of whether he was a member of a watch committee, if there was one around, if he was a self-styled member of a watch committee, or if the press decided to use that label as a kind of short hand.

See above. Also just out of personal curiosity, why do you almost always spell watch with a "y" instead of an "a'

Reply to
Kurt Ullman