OT Short of news in the UK

Page 9 of 10  
Easier to replace dead volunteers?
Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus www.lds.org .
For the actual Neighborhood Watch groups (those chartered by the national organization) there is a thing in the bylaws and their policies and procedures that they be unarmed. Some of this is so that they can have uniform policies across the states with differing law, but I am also sure a big part of that is to stay away from any kind of exposure to lawsuits.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Sat, 24 Mar 2012 08:27:17 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"

The thing the media is glossing over is it was Martin who confronted Zimmermann ("why are you following me" on the phone) and Zimmerman says Martin chased him, towards his truck. It was Zimmerman who had the bloody nose and the cut on the back of his head.
This is a gated neighborhood with no trespassing signs on the fences. Martin climbed over a fence to get there and he was going to have to climb over another fence to get out so he was "suspicious".
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote in

IF that is true (don't know one way or another, but that is a big fact, which is not yet vetted), that is even more reason to call the cops in and not confront the kid.
--
Best regards
Han
email address is invalid
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Sat, 24 Mar 2012 12:00:31 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

First I heard that. Early report was that he was at a house (in the community) watching TV and went to the local store to pick up snacks. I'm sure there will be lots of rumors before we find out any real facts. At 17, he may have been acting like a smart ass kid when confronted (many of us would), but I still have not seen anything to support the need to shoot.
I can see this becoming a major case for many years. It will affect some of the stand your ground laws, racial profiling, etc.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

I've heard both versions too, don;t know which is right. A lot of the reports just say he was visiting his father who lived in the community. But that doesn't make it clear if the father actually lived in the GATED community or just lived nearby and the kid was cutting across.

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

I have not heard that the house Martin was staying in was inside the gates. Where did you hear it. (it was the girl friend's house, Martin lived in Miami)
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Things are not always what they seem to be... http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/state/witness-martin-attacked-zimmerman-03232012
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Mar 24, 5:24pm, " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"

Good find.
That's the best news report I've seen supporting the Zimmerman version. Two interesting things. One is that AFAIK, the coverage of what this witness has to say has been minimal. Second, one would think given all the turmoil surrounding the incident, the police would have said more about exactly what this witness had told them. Maybe they did and that wasn't covered either. The most I had heard before was that they had witness testimony that backed up Zimmerman, but no specifics.
One thing for sure, I would not want to be this witness. He's in a losing position because there are a lot of people with their shorts in a knot that aren't going to want to hear it. Another critical piece of evidence will be the autopsy. If it shows the shooting was at point blank range and trajectory consistent with Zimmerman's account, and the witness is consistent and credible, then I think you have plenty of reasonable doubt.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Agreed, but ties are *supposed* to go to the accused.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

Tasers don't often work There are multiple incidents where an individual was fired on by more than one Taser, and wasn't stopped.

Apparently with the new data out, the only "vigilantes" around here are the idiots, like you, spouting ignorant cant

Here's a clue 6'2" High School football player How would you like being on the ground being pounded by such ??
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Guns misfire too, or are carelessly amed in a fast moving situation.
?

There is some new data, but not a full investigation yet. There is nothing out there that yet allows for a conclusion. Fragments are net telling the entire story yet. >

Maybe Z deserved itm maybe not. That is the main probllem here, we don't know what led up to that. Was the kid defending himself? Was he provoked? Pushed and shoved? Called names? Threatened? Was the controntation started by Trayvon or Zimmerman? Once we have those answers, we can draw a conclusion. Until then, it is conjecture and opinion. That is why we have investigations done. We need ALL the facts.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote in message

Deserved it ?? What kind of crappy argument is that ? And you were babbling about assumptions and conjecture somewhere else...

Not if he was on top

Not a justifiable reason for assault

Doesn't stop you from spouting even the most inane conjecture in the face of the evidence that we already have
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Tue, 27 Mar 2012 17:45:13 -0500, "Attila.Iskander"

Just as everyone is saying the kid deserved it. We don't know.

But before he was on top, was he staring down the barrel of a gun? Physically held? We don't know that.

It may not be justified, but it happens thousands of times every day. Most often it is a fistfight, but many a gun has been drawn over minor happenings.

My conjecture is just that It can go either way, as opposed to those that have made a determination based on part of the story. Because there is not enough evidence just yet to draw a conclusion. On either side. I'm maintaining an open mind until a proper investigation is complete.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

I did say "appears" (grin). Instead it will be decided by dirt bags like Al Sharpton pontificating in front of the aforementioned cameras.
--
People thought cybersex was a safe alternative,
until patients started presenting with sexually
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

When he apologizes for the Tawana Brawly incident, where he manufactured a totally bogus incident and accused a cop of rape, let us know.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Sat, 24 Mar 2012 10:26:17 -0700 (PDT), " snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net"

...and pays Steven Pagonas what he's owed.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Sun, 25 Mar 2012 22:47:44 -0400, "Robert Green"

Yes, SKUNK. The *worst* kind. Note that the SKUNK did *not* pay it, and had his groupies pay it a decade or two late.

Since you know nothing about the case, just give it up. You're wrong.
<diarrhea deleted>
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 3/25/2012 10:53 PM, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:

Good. Climb up his butt.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Sun, 25 Mar 2012 22:57:40 -0500, gonjah <gonjah.net> wrote:

You really are into that, aren't you?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote in message news:5dc74114-f6f4-46b5-b993-

I'm with you here, krw. Sharpton certainly at that time was a racebaiter obnoxious piece of shit. Most importantly he arranged his finances so that he didn't own anything, but was the mouthpiece of a group. Whether or not he has most of the blame in this case legally is abstract legalese. In my personal opinion he did have the blame for the whole affair/thing. An astute honest person would have advised the brawleys (no need for a capital) to get the facts then do what should be done (have been done).
--
Best regards
Han
email address is invalid
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Site Timeline

Related Threads

HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.