OT Short of news in the UK

Page 7 of 10
gonjah <gonjah.net> wrote in wrote:

doesn't matter,Zimmerman is not a law enforcement official(LEO). He can "profile" if he wants. all he does is call police and have them check out the suspect,as he did that night with Trayvon. But his credibility drops if he makes too many wrong accusations. but 47 calls to police in a 3 year period is not too many calls.

what you seek to know,there were no witnesses for. there's no evidence or witnesses to any alleged provocation or wrongdoing on Zimmerman's part. and in that event,Zimmerman goes free. the burden of proof of a crime is on the prosecution. All the -evidence- points to Z doing legitimate self-defense.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
All the -evidence- points to Z doing legitimate self-defense.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
gonjah <gonjah.net> wrote:

But if we don't know isn't that the very definition of reasonable doubt. Should that part of the equation be ignored in this situation?

No, the racists are demanding his head. We'll see if FL has a backbone.
On Sun, 25 Mar 2012 20:23:45 -0500, gonjah <gonjah.net> wrote:

I *AM* calling you stupid, thick, and dense. You can't even read!
On 3/25/2012 10:47 PM, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:

You're just sad.
On Sun, 25 Mar 2012 22:57:08 -0500, gonjah <gonjah.net> wrote:

No, sad is the racist loser. That would be you, druggie.
gonjah <gonjah.net> wrote in wrote:

Martin is Trayvon martin,the one shot. Zimmerman (Z)is the neighborhood watch guy.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
On 3/25/2012 8:28 PM, Jim Yanik wrote:

Yeah. Thanks
Is there anyone on the site who has personal knowledge of the circumstances or are all comments based upon varying media reports, talking heads, blogs, etc, that so far, is constantly being modified.

Any further info on the neighbor whose survelliance camera caught some/all of the instance? Holding out for big pay from media, or just BS?

I haven't heard of that one,it's new to me. If true,police would have requested(seized?) it as evidence,or gotten a copy for evidence.
few surveillance cams are good at night or at longer ranges,however.nor do they usually do audio.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
On 3/26/2012 11:38 AM, Jim Yanik wrote:

I haven't heard of any. Sounds like BS,
gonjah <gonjah.net> wrote in wrote:

my gated apartment complex has 2-3 cameras watching each entrance,but I found out they don't see too well at night. not good enough to get a plate number. AFTER my Integra GS-R was stolen....one month after the gates went into operation,in 2007. My neighbor's motorcycle was stolen at 11 AM;the gates are open during the day,I saw it go down. Police are useless.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Is there anyone on the site who has personal knowledge of the circumstances or are all comments based upon varying media reports, talking heads, blogs, etc, that so far, is constantly being modified.

If this is really an attempt to inject logic into a Usenet thread, I am going to have to ask you to leave the area immediately. (g).

LOL. Someone is taking all the "fun" out of this. For me the bottom line is that there is a dead kid, dead for what I see as no good reason. Whether or not he was fresh, or whatever.
--
Best regards
Han

But you really can't base our judicial system on what one person, even one of such Solomon-like qualities as yourself, deems no good reason (grin). He had just as much legal right to follow the kid as the kid had to be there. The only thing the courts need to sort is whether or not the kid turned and threatened him. If not, the charge is manslaughter. If he did the shooting is (legally anyway) justified. If there is reasonable doubt, then Z must be acquitted.

We'll likely never really know exactly what all happened, and what was in each person's mind. After all, Martin is dead. The only thing we know is that M was initially peacefully walking when Z decided to follow him. Then the 2 got into an argument, then into an "altercation" of some sort. Regrettably, one of them is dead now, the other scarred, mentally for life. No winners.
--
Best regards
Han

You're assuming a lot, which you can't back up.