OT Short of news in the UK

Page 2 of 10
On Sun, 25 Mar 2012 08:41:39 -0700 (PDT), " snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net"

It is a phone call, but still recorded as an incident. It means Zimmerman was involved either by visual or physical contact. After 46 times you should have formulated a plan on how to handle various situations.

The only thing it may do is reinforce how he typically handles situations. Does he maintain a distance and observe? Or does he confront and instigate?
Here's an example. How do you handle a tailgating driver? Do you ignore him, let him pass, or do you slam on the brakes and let him hit you? If he does hit you, do you think you'd be part of the problem? I bring this up because I know someone that slammed on the brakes. Even with $3500 in damage to his 1 year old car, he thought it was "worth it" Take that same attitude and apply it to a minority trespassing. Some tempers have a hair trigger. My suspicions are that this is a situation that maybe both did. Perhaps we'll find out more after a proper investigation.

Haven't you heard of the "Minority Report"?

47 times over a 3 year period. that's once every three weeks or more.

If you call in a suspicious person or one you have seen commit a crime,you don't walk away after the call,or go back to watching TV,you keep watching,keep the suspect in sight. you're the one who's gonna have to ID them,so the police know they have the right person. That's what I've had to do several times.

since the police have no complaints or records about his aggressive neighborhood watch calls,it's not confrontation or instigation.They'd know. and they would have put a stop to it.

I beleive it was more of a case of frustration at police being slow to respond.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Uh, they are incidents. They involved other people either in his view or face to face.

Nor am I. But after 40 "incidents" he should have a good idea of what, if any, force is needed to protect himself or others. If you take on the task of vigilante, you should train yourself in handling situations, not just carry a gun.

That's a rather blatantly wrong statement. Each situation is different from another based on the personality of both, circumstances and any number of other variables. However, even your own posting above suggests that he non-violently handled the other 39 incidents. Thus, by your own words, it could be said that he had a good idea of what force was needed. This time may have been different from the otehrs.

Hey, you disagree with me but you said about the same thing I said. We don't know what force was required or why. I'm not saying he was right or wrong, but after 40 encounters a civilian should also know how to avoid such a situation until the police arrive. Unless the kid launched a full force attack, but we don't know that do we?
On 3/25/2012 3:41 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Believe I heard that when the shooter called police, he was still in his vehicle. The kid's father lived in the gated community. Remember the shooter's 911 call....he has his hands in his wasteband....shooter is in car, following victim....says to the operator "these a------- always get away".
Official neighborhood watch org. does not allow carrying weapons. This was a brand new group in Sanford, not officially part of org IIRC.
My gut sense, is that Zim was taking his title too seriously.
He followed the kid too closely, and the kid thought he was in danger. He was, obviously, as evidenced by his death.
Hey, you disagree with me but you said about the same thing I said. We don't know what force was required or why. I'm not saying he was right or wrong, but after 40 encounters a civilian should also know how to avoid such a situation until the police arrive. Unless the kid launched a full force attack, but we don't know that do we?
I've read the various web pages. What I havn't been able to find: What time was the incident? 5 PM? 4 AM? Midnight? Noon? Anyone know? I havn't seen it, yet. And, yes, I've been looking.
With a title like community activator, or something, maybe Zim was feeling his oats?
Hey, you disagree with me but you said about the same thing I said. We don't know what force was required or why. I'm not saying he was right or wrong, but after 40 encounters a civilian should also know how to avoid such a situation until the police arrive. Unless the kid launched a full force attack, but we don't know that do we?
On Sun, 25 Mar 2012 17:54:31 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"

7:09 until about 7:18 PM or there about on feb 26 2012
Thanks. I could not find that, any where.
7:09 until about 7:18 PM or there about on feb 26 2012

Z was returning to his car,he had no idea he would be attacked.He was unprepared for it. That IS the only way a skinny school kid could drop a hefty adult, surprise attack. Zimmerman had a significant head wound on the back of his head,and a bloody nose. and Martin was seen ON TOP of Zimmerman,a guy who outweighed him by at least 100 lbs.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Maybe he slipped on wet grass running after the kid and injured his head. Then the kid jumped on him in retaliation.
We can come up with all sorts of scenarios on both sides. Fact is, we cannot draw any conclusions just yet.

He's running forward and slipped backwards? now you're stretching. Besides,that skinny kid could EASILY outrun the overweight Zimmerman. the kid was an athlete. In fact,he TOLD his girlfriend he was NOT going to run away,according to her statement to police. That sounds like he already decided to confront.
and athletes learn to be aggressive.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
On 3/25/2012 10:36 PM, Jim Yanik wrote:

I *think* there was a confrontation between them. How it started is unknown.

You are the one stretching. You don't know that Z was running do you? There are many possible scenarios that may have taken place.
Could easily have been one taunting the other.
Oh, I was walking forward when I went down on the back of my head.

I never claimed he was. You suggested it. it's right here in the text above! just that the kid -could- easily outrun him if he was being "chased" as people are claiming.In fact,YOUR words were "slipped on wet grass RUNNING AFTER THE KID",so don't try to turn your words around on me.

"could have" doesn't cut it in a court of law. if anything,that absolves Zimmerman,as he's presumed to be innocent until PROVEN guilty. People are reversing that and making Zimmerman guilty until proven innocent,and that IS one intent of the Stand Your Ground law;to assure the presumption of innocence until there's proof the suspect committed a crime that they would be arrested for. Otherwise,it's "arrest 'em all and let the court sort it out",and the ODC's rights are violated.
Police had/have no evidence of Zimmerman confronting,provoking,or attacking Trayvon,and thus he was rightfully released. The investgation did continue,as police still have Zimmerman's gun held as evidence. charges can still be filed,if new evidence appears to show a crime was committed,but that is highly unlikely.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Assumptions are being made on both sides. I don't know who may be guilty, none of us do. Anything anyone says to the contrary is pure conjecture. I see that you do have one fact straight, "presumed" innocent. Some are saying he is with not facts. Let's find out.

POLICE are saying (have said) that they have no facts or witnesses suggesting Zimmerman did anything wrong. NO "assumptions" there.
when the independent investigators say the same thing,the blacks will probably riot. Of course,that is a sort of blackmail in itself. "arrest and try him,or we'll riot" IS implied.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

At the moment, because of the deficiencies in the police handling of the case, there is a suspicion by some of the police swiping the case under the rug, and giving Zimmerman a free pass.
On the other hand, there is also a suspicion of a Tawana Brawley-like incitement to riot.
I'm afraid that the lack of real conclusive evidence as to what led to the fisticuffs will leave each side with its supporters.
It is unfortunate that we won't hear Martin tell his side.
--
Best regards
Han