OT: Shopping, in general

Self serve at Wal-Mart and Lowe's. Express lanes everywhere. Doesn't matter anyway.

Reply to
Irreverent Maximus

Hi, Like wise, if I use self check out. same amount of discount? Our self check out accept CC and cash, dispenses correct change.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Just assault cars, you can keep your hunting car. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

On Sat, 14 Dec 2013 19:02:05 -0500, "Ralph Mowery" wrote in Re Re: OT: Shopping, in general:

In the cesspool called the middle east, that many are killed every day by secterian violence and no one cares (and no one should care).

Reply to
VinnyB

Saw a T-shirt at a gun show a couple of weeks ago:

"Is it because I'm black?"

Reply to
krw

stores are designed to intentially slow shoppers, narrower aisles. displays that congest.

the slower you go the more you spend..... grocery stores put transponders on carts to track customer flow. to see what path you take.

and many grocery stores perodically move departments around, to get you looking at other things.

ron johnson took over penneys, made wide aisles, with no obstructions, cut favorite products in favor of pricier merchandise and sales dropped by half

Reply to
bob haller

I'm going to order some T-shirts that read: "I'm Disabled, Not Drunk". I have trouble walking and there are people who see me walk and think I'm intoxicated. I was going into Domino's Pizza the other day when a cop car drove through the parking lot and the cops gave me the eye. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas
[snip]

The aisles are usually wide enough for two carts to pass, although often someone leaves a cart in the MIDDLE so no one can pass.

BTW, this has something in common with computers. Often things pop up and almost always in the MIDDLE of the screen. The position most likely to interfere with what you're doing.

[snip]
Reply to
Mark Lloyd

You forgot about the part where he raised prices and cut inventory. There is good reason the place went into the tank; he followed the Sears model (sans tools). They still haven't recovered from that moron.

Reply to
krw

And did away with coupons, and other promotions that his customers had been used to and were major parts of the reason they shopped. Johnson basically went through, cataloged everything that could to be done thorouhly piss off his core customers.... and then did them.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

Yep. They're trying to undo them but it might be too late.

Reply to
krw

A good reason to use dual screens (though some pop up right between). At work, I'm having the opposite problem. Popup messages (like meeting notices) aren't popping all the way to the top. I don't have sound turned on (long story) so I miss them completely. I get more work done but the boss gets pissed.

Reply to
krw

Maybe thought you were cute?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

If you like your car (with legitimate driving purpose) you can keep it.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

As long as some bureaucrat somewhere doesn't deem it as "junk".

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

Then they'll let you trade it on a new one, with a tax credit. If you can't afford a new one, well...

Reply to
krw