OT, Severe Drought

I don't know about the rest of the country but we're having severe drought conditions here in Alabamastan but I quit thinking we have it so bad when I see what's going on elsewhere. I'm glad I'm not in a 3rd world country. ( ?_?)

[8~{} Uncle Dry Monster
Reply to
Uncle Monster

t conditions here in Alabamastan but I quit thinking we have it so bad when I see what's going on elsewhere. I'm glad I'm not in a 3rd world country. (?_?)

I'm in Tennessee and we're in drought condition, too.

Reply to
ItsJoanNotJoann

Kingsport, TV news Friday night:

25 new fires is TN since Thanksgiving, most in northeast Tennessee. Over 30,000 acres burned in Tennessee so far. When I walk on my lawn, I can hear the grass crackle! I haven't mowed in over two months (except to mulch fallen leaves).

National drought map shows the southeast with much more area under severe or extreme drought conditions than in southwest and California.

The predicted upcoming monsoon will probably cause other problems (erosion, clogged water runoff pipes and ditches, etc.)

-dan z-

Reply to
slate_leeper

Is this a continuation or a new drought cycle? iirc there was a drought in the area about 8 years ago.

Reply to
rbowman

New drought cycle.

Reply to