OT: seen on FreeCycle earlier today

Title : OFFER: marble slab From : a******n Date : 17:29, 12 Jul 2009 Location : Castleton, NE Indy Description : We have a 77in X 40.5in X 1in solid white/gray marble slab. This was lying outside when we bought our house. It's VERY heavy, so come prepared :) Please come ASAP!

------------------------------------------------------------------------ Title : OFFER: marble slab From : a*****n Date : 17:48, 12 Jul 2009 Location : castleton, NE indy Description : we have multiple bags of marble slab pieces. This was a large rectangular slab that broke into lots of jagged pieces. white/gray marble. Some pieces are as large as a square foot. Good for crafts,etc? Please come ASAP! :)

Reply to
Doug Miller

... I meant to do that, I meant to do that. ;-)

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Perfect for marble floor! :-)

Luigi

Reply to
Luigi Zanasi

Reminds me of a coffee table top an associate of mine had.

The slab of marble came from a retrofit of the men's room of a 100+ year old multistory industrial building in downtown Cleveland.

Slab has served as a stall divider for many years.

A good soak in a murrain acid bath and the slab was gunk free and ready for fabrication.

Don't remember how, but the holes for the hardware bolts were turned into accent features.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Doug, If my math's correct, it's just a little under 300 pounds of marble. Probably some adhesion to the ground, too. Kerry

Reply to
Kerry Montgomery

Shoot - make an outdoor kitchen and use the bags to make stack wall sides to the kitchen area .... fireplace. Hearth mosaic...

It would make for a nice glue up table. Glue doesn't stick...

Mart> Title : OFFER: marble slab

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

I call shenanigans. In 19 minutes after the first post, they break and bag 20+ sq ft of 1" marble than rush in to make the second post. Cute post, but bullstein.

Reply to
Robatoy

I don't care how long it soaked, my reaction is still "eewww"

... snip

I'm thinking that last sentence is what they discovered the hard way, thus the second posting

Reply to
Mark & Juanita