OT: seen on FreeCycle earlier today

Title : OFFER: marble slab From : a******n Date : 17:29, 12 Jul 2009 Location : Castleton, NE Indy Description : We have a 77in X 40.5in X 1in solid white/gray marble slab. This was lying outside when we bought our house. It's VERY heavy, so come prepared :) Please come ASAP!
------------------------------------------------------------------------ Title : OFFER: marble slab From : a*****n Date : 17:48, 12 Jul 2009 Location : castleton, NE indy Description : we have multiple bags of marble slab pieces. This was a large rectangular slab that broke into lots of jagged pieces. white/gray marble. Some pieces are as large as a square foot. Good for crafts,etc? Please come ASAP! :)
Add pictures here
✖
Dave Balderstone wrote:

... I meant to do that, I meant to do that. ;-)
--
If you\'re going to be dumb, you better be tough

Add pictures here
✖
On Jul 12, 7:13 pm, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

Perfect for marble floor! :-)
Luigi
Add pictures here
✖
"Doug Miller" wrote:

Reminds me of a coffee table top an associate of mine had.
The slab of marble came from a retrofit of the men's room of a 100+ year old multistory industrial building in downtown Cleveland.
Slab has served as a stall divider for many years.
A good soak in a murrain acid bath and the slab was gunk free and ready for fabrication.
Don't remember how, but the holes for the hardware bolts were turned into accent features.
Lew
Add pictures here
✖

Doug, If my math's correct, it's just a little under 300 pounds of marble. Probably some adhesion to the ground, too. Kerry
Add pictures here
✖
Kerry Montgomery wrote:

I don't care how long it soaked, my reaction is still "eewww"
... snip

I'm thinking that last sentence is what they discovered the hard way, thus the second posting

--
If you\'re going to be dumb, you better be tough

Add pictures here
✖
Shoot - make an outdoor kitchen and use the bags to make stack wall sides to the kitchen area .... fireplace. Hearth mosaic...
It would make for a nice glue up table. Glue doesn't stick...
Martin
Doug Miller wrote:

Add pictures here
✖

I call shenanigans. In 19 minutes after the first post, they break and bag 20+ sq ft of 1" marble than rush in to make the second post. Cute post, but bullstein.
Add pictures here
✖