OT: seeking an "everything" killer- weeds, brush, small trees?

I've got an area along my property line containing weeds, brush and even a small tree. I'd like to kill this stuff first before removing it. I already coated it with Ortho Weed B Gone, but it doesn't seem very effective and I feel I need something stronger.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Sam

Reply to
Sam Seagate

User 400

HD, garden centers, hardware stores, all have products that are specifically targeted at killing brush. That's what I'd look for. Weed B gone isn't going to be very effective because it's a compromise, it has to kill weeds, but not kill grass. Roundup/glyphosate would be a big improvement, but for brush, the brush killer products are a big improvement over that too.

Reply to
trader_4

I've used this with good success. I mixed it with water in a pup-up garden sprayer. Just used a few ounces so far.

Vic Smith

Me too, store brand glyphosate in a pump-up sprayer. I won't see effects for maybe a week, and a tree will require one or more subsequent applications.

I have some Weed B Gone. So far I haven't found the kind of weeds it works on.

Reply to
J Burns

In Ortho, get the Brush B gone. Active Ingredient Triclopy

That is basically home owner grade Garlon. It is good on leafy and woody plants. It may kill a lot of grasses but cogan grass just laughs at it. (a particularly invasive 6' tall grass in south Florida) It is effective on most trees, cut stumps, vines etc.

Reply to
gfretwell

Orange agent. You know what it is.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Actually, a couple of weeks back, this is what I tried first. I bought a spray called Bayer Advanced which already had like 1% triclor, then I added a couple of bottles of higher concentration to increase the percentage. I couldn't find Brush B Gone, so this was my next option. Anyway, it selectively killed as you seem to point out, but I wanted a kill all, so bought and used the Roundup concentrate yesterday.

Thanks again to everyone responding here.

Sam

Reply to
Sam Seagate