OT Romney picks Ryan

The village approach works. Even in Jersey. Doesn't mean we don't have idiots who want fake democracy and mob rule for their own advantages.
--
Best regards
Han

Really? If someone doesn't pay their taxes in Jersey, they take a kidney from everyone in the whole town? Hmmm, I'll bet that does put some pressure on the deadbeats.

Doesn't an amendment update/change a document? I had to lookit up, but it seems to be the 13th amendment that this. A few years back. So yes the Constitution prohibits slavery: from wikipedia:
Section 1. Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.
Section 2. Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.[2]
--
Best regards
Han

Not since that tingle went up his leg when Obama was elected. I guess the tingle is gone.

Just on time- Gallup asks again. Congress would love to have their 15% rating they enjoyed a couple months ago. They just tied their all time low 10%. First set in Feb 2012.
They did get as low as 14 in '08-- But 20% was only reached twice before '79 & '92.
I'm pretty sure they suck worse now than they ever have. [And I don't blame the tea party for all of it-- the way-left sucks just as bad-- there's too many on both sides who put party before country]
Jim

oops- forgot the link- http://www.gallup.com/poll/156662/Congress-Approval-Ties-Time-Low.aspx ?

I don't see how the Tea Party members can be blamed for the low approval rating. The approval rating for Congress has been low for a long time. And there are only 38 Tea Party members so they do not "dominate" Congress. In fact, if people had a poor view of the Tea Party, they would not have been elected to begin with or continue to win elections, eg Texas, today.

LOL. A republican who is against laws yet passes one to rename a post office. What a great use of his legislative mandate
We should be repealing a whole

Ah, so no congressperson can do anything, right?
But I'll help you on this. He introduced the two bills and got his friends to vote for it. So not only is ryan ineffective, he either didn't introduce any bills or the bills he introduced were so pitiful that not enough interest could be garnered to pass them

Interestingly enough.. the same with Obama. He got all of two of his sponsored bills (those he was either the sole sponsor or original sponsored) through. And they were at least as ground breaking as Ryan's: ? S. 2125, A bill to promote relief, security, and democracy in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. ? S. 3757, A bill to designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 950 Missouri Avenue in East St. Louis, Illinois, as the "Katherine Dunham Post Office Building." You will note that Post Office naming is a recurring theme in this election. (This was from a look on Thomas.gov).

And what have the repubs done about it? Have they censured anyone, have they impeached the President? It seems that those that allow this illegality are at least as much to blame as the President, but you don't discuss their inability or unwillingness to perform their DUTY

So I finally got you to understand the process, but it still remains that Ryans "signature dish" was his ability to rename a post office. Of course you could provide me a list of his other legislative accomplishments while in congress

I'm more fascinated by why you aren't troubled by Ryans significant lack of legislative accomplishment...but then again having an ineffective congressman as your vice president would be just what a president like romney would want

And yet again you miss the point. I said censure and impeach, not leave their job to the public to do. Based on your assertion, the repub legislators are all cowards

So that you can continue yours?

I never expected that you would, but thank you for admitting it

So sad that you think of it in this way.

time for your glaucoma test

first one in your life?
--

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Cras lobortis volutpat
commodo. Morbi lobortis, massa fringilla adipiscing suscipit, velit urna

Based on your continued silly concept of the laws and functioning of Congress, I'd say you're just ignorant. You thought there were 700 members in Congress and now you want to tell us about how it actually works?
As for censure, the House did just hold Eric Holder in contempt. Of course if they did more of it, why you'd be here bitching about that too.
And then impeachment? Are you nuts? Exactly where would that go? How well did it work last time? Some more facts you don't know or understand. The Democrats control the Senate. It's impossible for the Republicans to remove Obama. Any attempt to impeach by the House would just be a circus and the people would know it. Consequently, you'd have to be a moron to suggest that it would improve Congress's approval rating. I have no use for Obama, but any case for impeachment would be so flimsy that you'd have to be deranged to even consider it.

A search of Thomas.gov notes that Senator Obama tied with Ryan on getting two whole pieces of legislation passed. He also tied with Ryan on number of Post Office's named.

Printing the facts is not demonizing anyone.
But just to take your bias out of the statement, Ryan has been in the House of Representatives for 14 years. Obama was in the Senate for 4 years
see, it's possible to use facts and demonize someone with the truth...but I'm doing the former, not the latter

I'd like to know (but enough to actually look it up) how many Obama bills made it into law during his time in the Senate.
Roy wrote:

Ah, but they will employ the only weapon Obama fears: real math.

The VP debate should be a real treat! They should put that one on PPV.
On 8/12/2012 5:12 PM, Roy wrote:

<http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2012/08/mitt-romney-would-pay-082-percent-in-taxes-under-paul-ryans-plan/261027/
http://preview.tinyurl.com/8mvfqpa
Mitt Romney Would Pay 0.82 Percent in Taxes Under Paul Ryan's Plan By Matthew O'Brien
Under Paul Ryan's plan, Mitt Romney wouldn't pay any taxes for the next ten years -- or any of the years after that. Now, do I know that that's true. Yes, I'm certain.
Well, maybe not quite nothing. In 2010 -- the only year we have seen a full return from him -- Romney would have paid an effective tax rate of around 0.82 percent under the Ryan plan, rather than the 13.9 percent he actually did. How would someone with more than $21 million in taxable income pay so little? Well, the vast majority of Romney's income came from capital gains, interest, and dividends. And Ryan wants to eliminate all taxes on capital gains, interest and dividends.
Romney, of course, criticized this idea when Newt Gingrich proposed it back in January by pointing out that zeroing out taxes on savings and investment would mean zeroing out his own taxes.
As Jared Bernstein of the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities has pointed out, Romney has structured his investments as "pass-throughs" that avoid corporate tax. In other words, the 0.82 percent tax rate is really a 0.82 percent tax rate.
It might seem impossible to fund the government when the super-rich pay no taxes. That is accurate. Ryan would actually raise taxes on the bottom 30 percent of earners, according to the nonpartisan Tax Policy Center, but that hardly fills the revenue hole he would create. The solution? All but eliminate all government outside of Social Security and defense -- a point my colleague Derek Thompson has made in incredible chart form.
<http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2012/03/the-worst-part-of-paul-ryans-budget/254845/
http://preview.tinyurl.com/6pzc4ct
In order to pretend that the U.S. government can wear its 1950s-era girdle, you have no choice but to either dismantle government-paid health care, or else cut the rest of government with such draconian verve that we're forced to let our highways rot, while the unemployed go bankrupt and our veterans go homeless. Voters don't want that. Republicans don't want that. I don't think Paul Ryan wants that. But that's the future that he has written. Deficit reduction isn't easy. When you insist on doing it without raising tax revenue, it gets much harder.
--
Sherlock

On Sun, 12 Aug 2012 12:12:44 -0700, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"

Maybe it should be Rom'an to sound like the noodles we will have to get used to eating if we don't get this budget problem fixed