OT Romney picks Ryan

Page 4 of 6
On Aug 14, 5:48 am, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds" <atlas-

Yes I do. The debt downgrade was because the US is piling up debt at an unsustainable rate, not because anything Ryan did. Refusing to allow an increase in the debt ceiling, while somewhat extreme, at least directly addresses the problem. As for the Dems and Obama, their only plan is denial. And that is because they actually want the US to hit the point that we have a debt crisis, just like Greece. That will be one more Saul Linsky opportunity to grab wealth from the successful.... Think of the children! We need a 10% wealth tax and 75% income tax rates.
Add pictures here
✖
On Tue, 14 Aug 2012 08:20:34 -0700 (PDT), " snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net"

More importantly, it will allow them to seize more of our liberties. Who was it that said, "never let a crisis go to waste."
Add pictures here
✖

except for the 1%ers
Add pictures here
✖

Well you must be overjoyed at the chaos the uncertainty about the dependability of the Gov't to pay its debt created. Oh, but chaos in the market is opportunity for the 1%ers, isn't it

Add pictures here
✖
On Aug 12, 7:06 pm, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds" <atlas-

Exactly the kind of guy I want in office. We already have too many laws. We should be repealing a whole lot of the ones that are in existence already. It's the libs that believe more laws are the solution to everything. This despite the fact that Congress that generates these new laws has an approval rating of 15%. If you had an employee that had an approval rating of 15% on his current job performance, why would you want him taking on more responsibility?
Add pictures here
✖

That is the current Tea Party dominated congress. The pack of morons who want to cut the deficit by giving more tax breaks to the 1%.
Add pictures here
✖
Davej wrote:

Well, they certainly can't give tax breaks to the almost 50% who don't pay any taxes. Duh!
Me? I'm for a "per capita" tax in addition to the income tax. We've got 320 million people in this country. If everybody kicked in just $500 per year, we would have $160 billion extra in the government coffers.
Add pictures here
✖

No, but we can and *should* cut their "refunds".

Now, if everyone kicked in an *extra* $5000, we'd almost cover the deficit. I'll throw mine in the pot if the occupiers and everyone on welfare does the same.
Add pictures here
✖

aw but the beauty of this position is that rymney wouldn't
Add pictures here
✖
On Tue, 14 Aug 2012 02:37:26 -0700, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"

One again, you show what a real idiot you are.
Add pictures here
✖

can't rebut my position so you resort to name calling.
Game over. I win
Add pictures here
✖
On Tue, 14 Aug 2012 14:01:05 -0700, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"

No, just stating the facts.

Wrong, as usual. You're a loser.
Add pictures here
✖

As did I

aw, that hurts
Add pictures here
✖
On Tue, 14 Aug 2012 19:30:09 -0700, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"

"700 Congressmen"? Yeah, right.

I didn't mean to hurt your feelings but unlike your school, we can't all be winners.
Add pictures here
✖

What about the disadvantaged person who doesn't HAVE $5,000?
I've thought about that.
They could contribute a kidney.
A kidney would replace a dialysis machine whose cost is in the neighborhood, I guess, of $100,000.
Presto! Taxes paid for twenty years!
Now during those twenty years, the disadvantaged person could contribute one unit of blood platelets per month for a government credit of $100 per unit. (I call this my "federal withdrawing plan"). At the end of twenty years (after the kidney), they would have accumulated an additional 4 years worth of credits.
At the end of these four years, if the person is still incapable of ponying-up the required $5,000, they could contribute a cornea.
Now this time scale gets compressed if the subject has, say, four children under the age of six. I'm still working on that situation.
Add pictures here
✖

I would have suggested indenture.

No, that $5000 is needed *EVERY YEAR* (Obama's annual deficit is $1600Billion) under Obama's current "budget". *THAT's* how bad Obama is.

A little over four pints a month will do it. See above.

They have kidneys and corneas, too.
Add pictures here
✖

Regrettably, the Constitution prohibits involuntary servitude. Except for conscription. And prison chain gangs. And mandatory apprenticeship prior to licensing for many trades. And a few other things. Your idea, while a good one, can't legally be implemented. Nope. Not even.

Think of the children! You are SO cruel!
Add pictures here
✖

Come on, you're not thinking outside the box! Just call it a "tax".

Well, I suppose that, between them, their parents have four kidneys and four corneas.
Add pictures here
✖

More likely, with four children under the age of six, there are a total of five parents involved.
Add pictures here
✖

Well, it's OK to have more than two parents in CA. "It takes a village."
Add pictures here
✖