OT Romney picks Ryan

Page 2 of 6

and that somehow changes the point I was trying to make?
On Tue, 14 Aug 2012 02:51:16 -0700, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"

It shows that you're stupid as a stump and that everything you say can be chalked up to more mumblings of an moron.

I see. You can't win an discussion on point so you resort to name calling

Only if you are, in fact, dumb as a stump.
nb
--
Definition of objectivism:
"Eff you! I got mine."

But you *are* dumb as a stump. You've proved it here.

so you think of yourself as a stump?
On Tue, 14 Aug 2012 19:41:59 -0700, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"

Again, you prove your single-digit IQ. You're consistent, at least.

so you are a stump

It is common occurence now a days to call couples by cute or descriptive mash ups of their name. I was just predicting what theirs would be.
But exactly what part of that is name calling?

If that were my goal here I wouldn't need to try hard

yeh, freedom of thought. you should try it.
or maybe it's the way we can directly change the gov't with propositions. you should try it, although it's often a classic case of being careful of what you wish for.
On 8/14/2012 9:27 AM, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:

Without "an" doubt there's a moron in the mix. Somewhere.
http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/540/01 /
--
Sherlock

says...

Why be a typo-Nazi with this guy? He's a target-rich environment.

Go fer it, loon.
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds wrote:

Sigh. Once again I take up the White Man's Burden.
There are not "and 100 senators." There are 436 members of the House of Representatives and 100 members of the Senate.
The number I quoted, 536, includes 435 representatives elected by various states, one non-voting member from D.C., and 100 senators, two from each of the 50 states.

how very white of you

great. you've ryaned me with useless numbers that in no way change the point I was trying to make
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds wrote:

Oh, but the numbers I mentioned are more germane than you wish.
"Falsus in uno, falsus in omnibus," False in one, false in all.
Suppose you were trying to make the point that Paul Ryan does not possess traditional American values. Suppose further that in trying to make that claim, you mention he's really an alien from another planet and has "Soup is Good Food" tattooed on his forehead.
Who would take you seriously?
Lesson is, even when mentioning points not essential to your argument, it is prudent to be as accurate as possible.

I agree, accuracy is highly desirable, but it doesn't matter a wit that I got the number of congresspeople wrong. in fact, since my number was high, my point becomes even more relevant. A small group of legislators and they can't pass laws
On Tue, 14 Aug 2012 13:39:09 -0700, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"

It proves, as usual, that you have no idea what you're talking about.

not at all
On Tue, 14 Aug 2012 19:39:43 -0700, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"

You really are stupid enough to believe that. I'll bet you think there are 57 states, too.