OT Romney picks Ryan

Page 1 of 6
Let me be the first to give the Romney/Ryan duo the clever nickname of Rymney. It only remains to be seen if they can live up to this clever monicker

They don't have to live up to that lofty goal. They just have to be better than the competition. It's just like sports in a way.

Without the drug test ...

Beats Bidama ;)
On Sunday, August 12, 2012 1:12:44 PM UTC-6, Malcom Mal Reynolds wrote:

IMHO they're both twits. Ryan is a simple Simon from hicksville and Romney is a pompous ass. They are for the rich and piss on the poor...they can suck lemons.

At least he can count to $16tril and reconize that the USA is on the path to bankruptcy. And Ryan has actually proposed measures to deal with it. Obama on the other hand, refuses to even talk about the debt crisis and has no plans, other that to spend even more money. Who's the simple Simon now?
and Romney

Romney has lots of experience in business. And in particular, in turning around failing companies on the road to ruin. See the above about the US financial situation. As for being a pompous ass, who said last week that "If you have a business, you didn't build that... Somebody else did"?
The first step in reviving the economy is to have a president that is pro business. Obama doesn't like any business. He's attacked the oil and gas companies, the drug companies, the healthcare companies, insurance companies, wall street..... He's blocked offshore drilling and the Keystone pipeline. Actually there are businesses he does like, Solyndra, the govt takeover of GM, etc. Why would any business expand when they have an anti-business president? Why would any consumers make major purchases when you have the US piling on debt, it looks like we're on the path to being the next Greece, and the president shows no leadership in solving the real problems? A president who instead of celebrating individual success, turns to class warfare?
Unwilling to talk about any of the above, OBama is reduced to bitching about Bain capital and running ads accusing Romney of killing people with cancer 7 years after he left Bain for the Olympics. So much for hope and change. Now he actually said that when he promised change, he didn't mean tomorrow. Now that, Sir , is a pompous ass.
The only question is if people are dumb enough to fall for this a second time. Given that 100 mil Americans are now receiving govt handouts, and that does not include social security and medicare, I'd say it's a 50-50 shot at best.
On Sunday, August 12, 2012 2:29:26 PM UTC-7, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

Thats like asking a carnivore to look after my pantry just because he is pro beef and the only experience he has with turning around anything is when he can turn it around so he can devour it.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

and you honestly believe that the republican plutocrats are not receiving gov't handouts?
On Aug 12, 9:38pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

See, this is the problem. You libs are not just attacking Bain Capital, you're attacking free enterprise, capitalism, and business in general. Bain Capital was *not* about hostile takeovers or devouring anything. It was about venture capitalism, where they took risks by investing substantial sums of money in various companies. A lot were spectacular successes: Sports Authority, Staples, Steel Dynamics. A few failed, like GS Technologies. That's how business works. And yes Bain made money along the way, exactly like it's supposed to work.
But libs wouldn't understand that, because either they are too stupid to learn or they just don't care because the only kind of business they like is govt.
On Monday, August 13, 2012 12:27:27 PM UTC-7, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

I happen to be self employed and have had my own business that pays all my bills for over ten years. As for me being a liberal, most of my beliefs are the same ones as conservatives; I just don't like big business because it has become too powerful in the past thirty years and is affecting the political balance of power.
On Aug 14, 10:59am, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I don't care. Matter not a wit. When you try to portary as someone who devours companies, you'e just a liar or clueless. Staples, Sports Authority, Steel Dynamics are among the companies Bain provided the seed investment money for.
To put it in your small business frame of reference, it would be like you having 10 businesses, you had to close one because it failed and now some idiots claim you're a "vulture capitalist", purely for political motive. And those idiots, never ran or owned a business, ie Obama.
On Tue, 14 Aug 2012 07:59:16 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

pro beef and the only experience he has with turning around anything is when he can turn it around so he can devour it.- Hide quoted text -

bills for over ten years. As for me being a liberal, most of my beliefs are the same ones as conservatives; I just don't like big business because it has become too powerful in the past thirty years and is affecting the political balance of power.
Then you should be scared to your soul by the crap that Obama is pulling. You *are* on the menu.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Past thirty years? Go back to Standard Oil in the 1920s. The railroads before that. And so on.
It's the nature of the capitalistic system.
Live with it, work with it, or replace the system with one controlled by the government.
Those are your only two choices.

Work with human nature or against it. Those are your only two choices. Working against it gets pretty ugly.

Paul Ryan Only Passed 2 Bills Into Law In More Than A Decade
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/12/paul-ryan-bills_n_1769816.html?icid=main g-grid10|htmlws-main-bb|dl1|sec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D191389
renaming a post office and lowering the tax on Arrows for Bowhunting

Damn, over 700 people in congress and nobody is getting bills passed. How strange. But Ryan can be proud that with all of the economic and other problems facing the United States he was able to rename a Post Office, not to mention possibly single handedly saving all those bowhunters from unnecessary additional expenses.

No, but you should explain how that has any relevance, unless Ryan only lowered the taxes on 22 caliber arrows for the Conch Republic(ans)
--

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Cras lobortis volutpat
commodo. Morbi lobortis, massa fringilla adipiscing suscipit, velit urna
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds wrote:

Here we see a stark difference between the tickets and their supporters. The Republicans know and understand how to count; the Democrats and their supporters are innumerate.
There are 536 members of Congress,* not "over 700."
-------- * 537 if you count the Vice President acting as president of the Senate.

535 voting members (unless there is a tie in the Senate, then 536 - maybe).

and 100 senators. but in this case my fuzzy math error doesn't change a thing
On Mon, 13 Aug 2012 15:48:06 -0700, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"

You really are "good" at that leftist math. BTW, there are 435 congressmen and 100 Senators. At least we know you're on the same plane as Dougie.