OT Road conditions

Our county roads are getting worse and worse. Potholes and ridges and cracks. Very poor previous repairs for these things. All the roads.
I'm going to have to Google and find the address of whoever is in charge of the county roads. I hate to do this but I guess I'll have to threaten to quit paying my county taxes. That should do it. I'll give them until the end of the month. It will sure be nice to have smooth roads again in a few weeks.
KenK wrote:

You REALLY think one guy complaining is going to get action "in a few weeks" ? We're lucky here , the county sends the graders around on a pretty regular cycle , usually they do a very good job of tuning up the gravel/dirt roads here . I believe honey will catch more flys , so when they do a good job I almost always call the county judge's office and thank them - sometimes they leave a minor problem , which I also tell them about . The neighbor across the creek (our road forks off before the creek) made the judge look bad in the media . The road past her place is technically not county road , the actual road turns up the hill just before her place . Ever since The Confrontation her road gets touched up only when the neighbor further down asks nicely ... and usually they leave a berm of gravel across the driveway entrance at her place . When her parents were alive , that road was graded every time the rest was ...
--
Snag

Not really.
On 4/21/16 12:12 PM, KenK wrote:

I'm curious, is your county government Dem or Repub?
--
Have you ever looked into a mirror and thought.…hell no, that can’t be
right!

GOP. I thing EVERYTHING in AZ is GOP.
On Thursday, April 21, 2016 at 2:12:10 PM UTC-4, KenK wrote:

Wow, you are complaining about the roads in AZ.
Spend some time in PA.
THe roads in AZ are like heaven on Earth compared to PA.
On Thu, 21 Apr 2016 12:23:03 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

You think your roads are bad? Take a look at the ones here in IL.
On Thursday, April 21, 2016 at 3:48:27 PM UTC-4, Gordon Shumway wrote:

You have roads? ;-)
On 4/21/2016 3:55 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

We do. They are snow covered year round and up hill both ways.

You want roads that are worth complaining about you want to try central Africa in the rainy season. A good sized hammer is a non-optional accessory if you do any long distance driving - to knock the rims back to some semblance of roundness every hour or so.
The christmas 1973 trip from Livingstone to Mbereshi Zambia is one I'll never forget. Drive under 30 or over 60MPH - under 30 you can wallow through without damage - over 60 you hit one bump and miss the next 10 or more.
Or driving from Ougedougou to the Banfora region of Burkina Faso in 2000 when the Prado had to straddle a pothole just outside Hounde that contained 2 full grown hogs and a few piglets.
Makes the frost-pocked and construction ridden (all torn up to install light rail transit) roads of Waterloo Region look like a pretty mild disaster in comparison!!!!
They dug up a good stretch of historic corduroy road down the middle of King street in Uptown Waterloo that just set construction back about 2 months. I think it was smoother than Northfield Drive the last 9 months!!!
On 4/21/2016 1:12 PM, KenK wrote:

Of course the roads are going to hell. What would you expect after decades of the people who hate their country yelling No New Taxes and getting their way?
In my state, we voted to raise our taxes and improve our infrastructure. Sure, the road construction is a PITA, but the roads were in terrible shape. We bit the bullet and paid to have them fixed.

It doesn't help when the government raids highway trust fund money to finance trains that nobody will ride.

And finances welfare for illegals.

Except Joe Biden. They have a grand plan for the NE here that will spend your tax money. I will have no closer access to it...
--
Tekkie

Moe DeLoughan posted for all of us...

What happened to all the gas tax collected and federal money to do this?
--
Tekkie

On Thursday, April 21, 2016 at 12:12:39 PM UTC-4, KenK wrote:

I bitched to my town for the last 3 years about fixing my <400' street. It was a mishmash of patches and the road was getting worse, especially around the manhole cover right in front of my driveway. All I wanted them to do was replace all of the little patches around the manhole cover with one big one to smooth it out and keep it from getting worse. The plows would take out chunks every winter and they'd fill them in the spring.
Every spring, all I ever heard was "Major repairs of your street aren't even on our radar. We plan 2 - 3 years out and your street isn't in the plan."
Then, out of the blue, last fall we get a letter telling us not to park on the street during the week of Sept XX because our street is going to be paved. One day I come home to find 400' of brand new asphalt and new aprons from the road surface to our driveways.
So much for their 2 -3 year plan!
On 4/21/2016 4:41 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Were they Mexicans?
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Up here more likely to be Italians or Portugese. - not that it matters or makes any difference
On Thursday, April 21, 2016 at 8:47:57 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

It does to those who claim (the most loudly) that they are not bigots.
On 04/21/2016 10:12 AM, KenK wrote:

Ever been to a Sheriff's sale? I see one in your future.