OT - Rite Aid pharmacy now spies on customers

Page 2 of 2
On 1/15/2011 5:32 PM, hr(bob) snipped-for-privacy@att.net wrote:

Lyrics to a popular song from back in the day.
Do a Google search on 'lyrics 867-5309'. It explains it better than I could. Catchy little tune.
--
aem sends...

On Sat, 15 Jan 2011 08:43:48 -0800, Smitty Two

But hardware stores don't have sale prices, at least not on anything I buy. HOw do they get people to sign up for the card.

I always tell paranoid people to use my phone number at Ace Hardware and I will live with the stigma of having them think I bought your stuff.
I also get a card in the mail every month or so that rebates me 2% of every dime spent on that number.
SMS wrote:

You'd be surprised. Many do it to validate their existence - they matter to someone. I've seen people in line with 20 or more of those little tags on a special keychain. It's the same sort of pathology that drives people to collect 10,000 "friends" on facebook.
RiteAid, and others, are more than willing to feed this mental defect in return for the loyalty of folks giving them money.

Except that there is no loyalty. They also have CVS and Walgreen's tags on their chain.

Shiny side *out*.

How do they get SSN or e-mail address off a check?

IOW, they can't (any more readily than any other means). You lied.

Then why did you say SSN and e-mail address?

Some people are dumb enough to have the SS printed on the check!!! yup, I've seen it.

A hundred years ago, perhaps, when DL#s and student ID# were SSNs.

Recently. .
On Jan 17, 8:39pm, " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"

OT. Washington state finally removed the SSN from the driver's license not all that long ago.
Harry K

The person must have ordered a boat load of checks and is still using them with the SS # on it.

Shoulda had the warranty.

Fleetwood is a Cadillac. Hmm...

At least not your own CC or check.