OT - Ripoffs for women

Page 2 of 2
'Stormin Mormon[_10_ Wrote: >

I expect the vast majority of the explanation is genetics. We're still in the very early stages of understanding how DNA works, but once we do understand it, it may very well be possible to modify the DNA of both parents so that their children aren't overweight, are less prone to common diseases like arthritis and diabetes, and are even more intelligent than their parents. I see that as a good thing, but some people believe that any mucking around with nature is necessarily a bad thing. Until we are able to make changes to DNA, no one is arguing, but that's the next battle that's society is going to have to deal with.
--
nestork

And too many fats and too little exercise and too little self-control. It's the American way. They deserve the clogged arteries, diabetes and heart attacks that they will eventually get and which the rest of us will have to pay for in medical care.
--
I kill-file all messages posted through Google Groups.

On 11/3/2014 11:22 AM, VinnyB wrote:

Easier to be an arrogant prick like you than to lose weight. Seven years ago I had a knee injury. Was on crutches for a time, surgery, followed by a period of less activity. I gained about 15 pounds then in a short time, but never was able to lose more than 5.
There is a lot more to it that you will ever understand. I eat less than I ever have and it is still hanging around.
On 11/03/2014 11:22 AM, VinnyB wrote:

The fatass obesecycle crowd has willingly traded their health for beer and pizza.
On Mon, 3 Nov 2014 17:01:22 +0100, nestork

Yep, so eat up. It's not your fault.
--
I kill-file all messages posted through Google Groups.

Good excuse. My heart cries for you.
On Mon, 03 Nov 2014 15:24:49 -0500, Ed Pawlowski

I am with you on this topic. I got hit with an injury that nearly stopped me walking at all. Take a very active person and force them to bed rest or sitting all day then find real weight gain even with reduced intake. Now add to those problems prescription medication that encourages weight gain, but the prescribing doctor never bothers to inform the patient. Life just is not fair. If I could do the running, walking, dancing of the past there would be no weight gain. Right now I would just be happy to be able to walk 50ft with out tear level pain.

This NG attracts a lot of "disabled" people. Welcome to the club.

Speaking of which, have you notice in the past ten year the proliferation of very morbidly obese fat asses riding around in food stores on those little electric shopping scooters? Rolls and rolls of fat hanging down around their bellies like giant melting jelly donuts. Their baskets are full of high sugar, high starch, high fat foods. It's really a wonder to behold.
I wonder if you see that kind of porky self-indulgence in Europe?