OT Repair zippr?

Have a "Go-Belt" that has two zippered pouches. After only a month or two of use one zipper failed. Tab won't mesh the two sides.- just slides back and forth. Probably impossible to fix. Cheap plastic zipper on cheap (~$5) Go-belt. But thought it couldn't hurt to ask. These belts are - to me - quite habit-forming. Guess I'll need to order a couple more. Now I have some idea what women do with those huge purses!
TIA

If the tab is metal, use a pair of pliers to squeeze the 2 sides closer together. That's worked for me in the past.
Otherwise you can remove the zipper and put a new one in.
--
Dan Espen

On 9/19/2016 11:36 AM, KenK wrote:

I've fixed many zippers that failed like that. Can you take a photo of it both sides and I can tell you how to fix it.
--
Maggie

On 9/19/16 11:36 AM, KenK wrote:

Would it be worthwhile to take them to a shoe repair shop? How about Velcro?

Velcro is an idea! Let me think about that. I have some Velcro if I can figure out how to use it to replace the zipper.
On 9/19/2016 10:36 AM, KenK wrote:

Usually it's the slider that's shot. At one time REI had replacement sliders or you might be able to find them at JoAnn fabrics etc. The smaller sizes are common but I have to order the ones for my MC jacket from Amazon. For jackets and other open type uses there is a stop at the top. If the zipper is sewn in on both ends you may need to open the stitches and redo them.

I'll check into that. Didn't know they were replacable.

No such luck. Still trying though <g>

I was quoted $30 to $40 to replace a zipper on a $50 coat. Just the zipper alone was about $18. I threw away the coat.
It makes no sense to replace one on a $5 item.
On Tuesday, September 20, 2016 at 6:38:44 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

Watch out...b_v might want to know why replacing a zipper bothers you.
On Tuesday, September 20, 2016 at 5:47:04 PM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:

I must bother you (or you have a crush), you brought me up to a third party. I'm blushing!
On Tuesday, September 20, 2016 at 11:14:36 PM UTC-4, bob_villa wrote:

It's a crush. That color looks so cute on you.
On Tuesday, September 20, 2016 at 10:23:35 PM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:

.moo wrote:

or two

es back

ap (~$5)

me -

have

.

arty. I'm blushing!

✌⊂(✰‿✰)つ✌

Didn't fix the problem. Or did you mean it would prevent the problem on a working zipper? Your reply seems to indicate the latter.
Muggles posted for all of us...

Do you know of or could you post a video or procedure to do this?
--
Tekkie