OT Remember the spotted owl controversy over logging?

"...To save the imperiled spotted owl, the Obama administration is moving forward with a controversial plan to shoot barred owls, rival birds that have shoved their smaller cousins aside.
Read more: <http://www.sfgate.com/science/article/U-S-plans-to-kill-barred-owls-to-save-spotted-owl-3369057.php#ixzz2E2fryCL4

I thought ht at must be an Onion article for a bit.<g> Blame Teddy Roosevelt-- he raised the bar for saving the environment to an impossibly high level.
Jim
On 12/4/2012 6:43 AM, Jim Elbrecht wrote:

Some years ago I remember watching one of the Jerry Springer type of shows where a group of Black men petitioned The Department of Interior to have themselves designated an endangered species because they reasoned they would get better protection from the federal government if that were to happen. It would be a violation of federal law to harass them or encroach on their habitat, etc. I thought it was hysterical since the government will descend upon humans in force to protect something like a snail. O_o
TDD
On 12/03/2012 05:26 PM, Oren wrote:

<http://www.sfgate.com/science/article/U-S-plans-to-kill-barred-owls-to-save-spotted-owl-3369057.php#ixzz2E2fryCL4 Funny how they don't do that with all species....
Jon

implemented with abortion clinic doctors.
plausible, and wrong." (H L Mencken)