OT: Recomenndations please on QUIET 5-8k BTU Air Conditioner

Hi All, I'm looking for a new AC For my apartment bedroom, I don't need anything over 8,000 BTU, I think even 5,000 will do. Someone gave me a new Kenmore 12,000 BTU but that thing is very noisy & overkill for my bedroom. Can anyone recommend a reliable & quiet 5-8k BTU AC? I used to have an 8,300 BTU Panasonic which was very quiet but my landlord lost it (long story). Thank for any info!
Hi Again All, Sorry, in my last post I forgot to mention my budget for this is only $300. I saw some Friedrich Quietmaster models got great reviews but cost over $600 for an 8,300 BTU. Thanks again.