OT Rebooting after XP Update causes user32.dll error message

The system DLL user32.dll was relocated in memory. The application will not run proerly. The relocation occurred because the DLL C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\HHCTRL.OCX occupied an address range reserved for Windows system DLLs. The vendor suppling the DLL should be contacted for a new DLL.

I installed an MS update as I shut down last night and that is the only thing I had installed for days. To make a long story shorter, the Vendor Microsoft has released a hot fix for this problem. You can read about it and download the fix.

The problem will not affect all XP users. It depends on the order the files are installed. Since they have released a solution they may corect the problem for future up-daters.

The solution above solved the problem after installing and rebooting.

Colbyt

Reply to
Colbyt

Try posting to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general newsgroup.

Reply to
HeyBub

That too but I appreciated it appearing in this group.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

Thanks Harry.

I was merely trying to help the people I hang out with. Posting it here also ensures a Google listing which is the first place I look when I have a problem.

I did try to post it to the group mentioned in the reply and could not find that group among the 65000 or so I have on the server.

Colbyt

Reply to
Colbyt