OT: Rand Paul on why cutting unemployment benefits is good for the Tea Party

Did not mean to divert your thread but don't see it as a union busting activity.
Now I wonder if unemployed union workers still have to pay union dues?
On Tue, 31 Dec 2013 14:02:58 -0800 (PST), " snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net"

The $800b stimulus is chump change compared to the $3.5 TRILLION that ther fed has created out of thin air to keep interest rates at virtually zero.
It certainly takes away the argument that the $60 billion worth of counterfeit money in circulation debases the currency,
On Tuesday, December 31, 2013 5:31:38 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Is that all it is, $3.5 tril? They've been buying bonds at the rate of $85bil a month for God knows how long now. I would have thought it would have been a lot more than 3.5tril by now. The scary thing that no one talks about is that with that unprecedented creation of money, the economy is still struggling. You would think that much stimulus would have created a far more powerful recovery. And of course one can only wonder how long a recovery will last. We're already 4 1/2 years into this one. What happens if there is another shock, another recession? The Fed has pretty much thrown everything that have at this one already. The govt too, unless you think they can double the deficit spending again.
On Tuesday, December 31, 2013 4:02:58 PM UTC-6, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

because the GOP has done absolutely everything possible to screw up the recovery just to lay the blame on Obama.
Are you this stupid in real life?
On Tue, 31 Dec 2013 14:40:17 -0800 (PST), "Daring Dufas: Hypocrite

It's clear that you're in the Malformed lefty camp; lefty liars, lie.

You've done nothing but prove how stupid you are since you've been here. Like all lefties, you see yourself in everyone else. Liars, all.
On Tuesday, December 31, 2013 5:40:17 PM UTC-5, Daring Dufas: Hypocrite TeaBillie on welfare wrote:

Perhaps you can explain exactly what the GOP has done to "screw" the recovery. Obama wanted an $800bil stimulus, he got it. He got to determine who got the vast majority of the TARP program that Bush had started in 08. He got his Obamacare, which he told the country over and over was a key part to making a sound and growing economy. He got record spending levels on food stamps, welfare, etc. He's got a FED throwing everything but the kitchen sink into trying to stimulate the economy. They'be been buying $85bil in bonds a month and have driven interest rates to near zero. You libs even got the tax hike that you've bitched about.
Now that the economy is screwed, you have to try to blame the GOP.
Some examples of what really screwed the economy:
Obama's anti-business stance, bitching about drug companies, health insurance companies, the rich, engaging in class warfare.
Halting oil drilling in the Gulf because of one well accident
Blocking the Keystone pipeline to this day.
Pouring $800bil into stimulus that created temporary jobs at a cost of $300K per job
Blocking Boeing from opening a new plant in SC to build parts for the 787, because a union in WA is claiming that it's in retaliation for a strike there years ago, despite the fact that Boeing had *added* union jobs in WA.
Raising taxes on small businesses
Creating the mess called Obamacare. Business was in the middle of a severe recession and he piled on more costs, more uncertainty, more reasons for them to shorten work hours, higher temps instead of full time, etc.
I'm sure there's plenty I've missed.

I see that you believe in the krwless style of truth:
Federal Regulators Issue Most Deepwater Drilling Permits In The Gulf Of Mexico Since 2007
http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2012/10/25/1091581/federal-regulators-is sue-more-deepwater-drilling-permits-in-the-gulf-of-mexico-since-2007/

On Tue, 31 Dec 2013 21:16:41 -0800, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"

I see you're still lying. You haven't learned anything so it's all you can do.

Since the recession began? Wow! That's some increase!
Idiot.

You missed that Malformed is a lying lefty loon.
On Wednesday, January 1, 2014 12:38:46 AM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

+1
The huge increase in drilling in the USA that has boosted our oil output has come mostly from drilling on *private* land. And boasting that more permits have been issued in 2013 compared to 2007 shows:
A - What's really going on
B - How dumb MMR is to even bring it up, thinking it helps his case.
And regardless of how many permits are being issued today, how dumb was it to halt all drilling in the Gulf of Mexico because of one accident, especially when the economy was in a major recession? Great idea. Not only do the folks in the Gulf have an oil spill to contend with, lets throw all the oil well drilling employees with high paying jobs onto unemployment and food stamps. And let's bankrupt all the support companies, that supply them with materials, transportation, food, services, etc. Screw them all, including the wells just started, that won't reach oil depths for months. Throw them all out of work. Hell, he's so anti-business I'm surprised he didn't stop all airplane construction, flights, etc when Boeing had those problems with batteries on the 787. But he did allow the labor dept to block them from opening their new plant that employees 3,000 in SC. That' a pretty good try.
Then when the economy is still struggling 5 years later, despite the Democrats under Obama having complete control of Congress for the first 18 months, blame it all on the GOP. It's interesting too that now it's the "GOP". For the first 4 years it was all Bush's fault. Look back to Reagan. Did he ever blame Carter for anything after he took office? Not once. That's a leader compared to a divisive, rabble rousing community activist. And Reagan didn't have to, because his policies worked. Taking over in circumstances that were as bad as those that Obama inherited, in 3 years he started a huge economic recovery, one for the record books, with strong growth. We were creating jobs at a rate of 300 - 400,000 a month. One month we hit 1.2mil. Double digit inflation and high interest rates, Tbonds at 18%, were both falling rapidly. THAT was an economic miracle. Today we're happy to see a jobs number of 150,000
And why did it work? Not only did he have the right policies and people around him, he was also a leader. He talked up America, instead of making apology tours. He brought people together, uniting the country, even making a friend of House Speaker Tip O'Neill. He managed to get his goals accomplished despite never having control of the House and only having control of the Senate part of the time. And he pushed the Soviet Union into the ash heap of history, winning the cold war without firing a shot. And all that time, I never once heard him blame Jimmy Carter for anything.

watch out, krwless is going pygalate you
On Tue, 31 Dec 2013 21:09:15 -0800, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"

You're such a pathological liar that you have to make up words. What a dumbshit!
On Tue, 31 Dec 2013 14:02:58 -0800 (PST), " snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net"

The fact is that the lefties like it this way. They *want* everyone to be on welfare. It's the only way they're going to control your life (keep power).
Frank wrote:

Welfare is paid in perpetuity and is passed on from generation to generation.
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
On 1/1/2014 10:01 AM, willshak wrote:

If libs had their way, unemployment compensation would be passed on to the next generation, too.
On Wed, 01 Jan 2014 12:42:30 -0500, Frank

The loons don't see the difference. "Government" owes everyone a "living wage". They're all for theft.

This was put in place as a short-term measure specific to the needs of the bad economy. So, either the Obama economy is perking along and it isn't needed or the Obama economy still sucks and it is needed. Get back to me when you decide which it is.
but what they conceal is vital."

I have, it's a fundie way to destroy unions
On Tue, 31 Dec 2013 21:08:30 -0800, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"

No, the only thing you have is the pathological need to lie, like all lefties. It really is nice that you work so hard proving me to be right about you lefties.

Okay, go ahead and avoid the question. Nothing new from your end.
but what they conceal is vital.
ron paul by leading the end of extended unemployment benefits, and leading the tea party runs the risk of sts=arting another recession......
tea party plays in congress repeatedly, michelle bachman says so what if our country defaults?
taking all those extended benefits bucks out of the economy is bad policy.
look at the stock market it bubbled again......
we are on the edge of yet another fiscal cliff, and congress is too dumb to know it.
another recession will see the republican party lead by the tea party group shown the door....