OT: Rand Paul on why cutting unemployment benefits is good for the Tea Party

Page 1 of 3
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/08/rand-paul-unemployment-benefits_ n_4408046.html
sure, it would save some money for the feds, but why do anything to help those with the skills, experience and expertise for those high paying jobs...it breaks unions.
Get rid of the high paid workers because "they've become unemployable" and you get to hire non-union lower paid workers.
But he does have sympathy for their situation

Should unemployment benefits be paid in perpetuity? If some folks can get by without working, they won't work. I've seen many personal examples.
On Tue, 31 Dec 2013 15:34:40 -0500, Frank

You don't expect Malformed to think, or tell the truth, do you?
On Tuesday, December 31, 2013 4:30:01 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

Instead of bitching about not extending unemployment benefits forever, he should be asking himself why 4 1/2 years into this lib Democrat recovery, the economy is still so weak that people can't find jobs. Obama got his $800bil stimulus, his jobs programs, the extended unemployment benefits, etc. He even got Obamacare which he said many times was a key part of a strong economy. Yet here we are, stuck in the mud and instead of questioning why, the libs are bitching about not extending unemployment forever.

it's amazing how you limbaughnista's not only hew to the party line, but are so obsessed with it that you've missed the point. I wasn't talking about extending unemployment benefits (which benefit state economies) but the fact that fighting extension is just another fundie union busting technique
On Tue, 31 Dec 2013 14:11:19 -0800, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"

If you want a minimum wage hike, get the money from unemployment subsidies. Make work pay and punish sitting on the couch.
On Tue, 31 Dec 2013 14:11:19 -0800, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"

Your lies aren't amazing, Malformed. We've seen them *all* before. Like all lefties, you're too stupid to come up with anything original.

The two of you lefties are joined at the hip; both pathological liars. It defines a lefty.

I keep saying "things like that" because it's true. Lefties *are* pathological liars. I did start thinking and moved into reality about thirty years ago, shortly after Reagan's success with the economy. Unlike you lefties, I can learn from reality. You're still stuck in your lefty fantasyland. You're too stupid to know what reality is. You can only keep your world consistent with consistent lies. It *defines* you.

so can intolerance, and it takes far fewer visits for a diagnosis
On Thu, 02 Jan 2014 17:25:34 -0800, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"

Lefties, like you, are simply intollerable.

No visits required. All one needs to do is read your drivel here.

she can't afford to pay limbaugh for the second book of how to promote the tea party, which is strange as book one was only three chapters of one page each

On Wed, 01 Jan 2014 21:38:24 -0800, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"

More proof that all lefties can do is lie. It's good that you're showing everyone that simple fact of life. As soon as everyone laughs at you, we can get on with saving the country.

On Tuesday, December 31, 2013 5:11:19 PM UTC-5, Malcom Mal Reynolds wrote:

How exactly is talking about fighting extension not talking about extending unemployment benefits? That *is* the issue. Boy are you confused. As for benefitting state economies, if you libs know so much about what benefits economies, why is most of the country still struggling, 5 years into Obama's administration, where most of his lib ideas have been implemented: Obamacare, $800bil stimulus, recored food stamp payments, record welfare payments, record length of unemployment extensions, record printing of money, and income tax hikes? All that was supposed to make a booming economy. Obama and you libs told us so.
On 12/31/2013 6:50 PM, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

One of the TV talking heads said this was the worst return on investment that he had ever seen. All that money spent resulted in zero return.

The issue is not that the percentage of profit has gone up, simply that because of consolidation, there are not that many corporations splitting up that money. Walmart operates at a whole lot lower profit margin than the little companies they put out of business but since they are so big, the total profit number is huge. We could beef up anti trust laws but end user costs would be higher.
I do find it strange that the people who bitch about corporate profits are the same ones who want the government to take over vast areas of our economy, the ultimate monopoly.

Corporations with public stock are reaping the windfall of the Obama's government quantitative easing (QE) and us peons suffer from the inflation it causes.

Public owners of public stock are reaping the windfall and it is the Fed Reserve (an entitity that Congress in it infinite wisdom put outside the control of EVERYBODY and not just the president) that is doing the QE. So far, anyway, inflation is tame and it may have actually avoided DEFLATION.
but what they conceal is vital.
On 1/2/2014 8:56 AM, Kurt Ullman wrote:

A couple of things for you to research:
How is inflation calculated and what is exempted?
Why are cost of living allowances different for those on social security versus government workers?

Not really sure why that makes a difference. There are a couple of widely accepted measures of inflation. As long as you stay with them, and the PTB don't tinker with them, they are still indicators of the relative inflation over time.
but what they conceal is vital.