OT Rain-x revisited

In another thread I questioned about the Rain-X deep-cleaning windshield kit.
Since then I've done some Google searching - mostly reviews. Most like Rain-X products but I've seen a few complain about haze, wiper problems and other annoying results from their windshield products and the great difficulty in removing them.
Being the cautious type (coward) I'm hesitant to try the stuff now.

On Saturday, March 22, 2014 1:07:10 PM UTC-5, KenK wrote:

I recommend the original exterior Rain-X...the interior anti-fog is nasty hazing shit! Using Rain-X saves your wipers and your washer fluid...I almost never use washer fluid! I have a gallon of washer for over 5 years!
On 2014-03-22 4:14 PM, Bob_Villa wrote:

I use Rain-X wipers which comes with a kit, I've never had problems. I do the kit once a year and it works good enough.
On Saturday, March 22, 2014 3:14:51 PM UTC-5, Bob_Villa wrote:

I agree with you.
The liquid that you apply to the windshield is much better than the additive to your washer fluid.
It extended the life of my washer blades considerably.
Andy
KenK wrote:

I tried Rain-X about 20 years ago. One bad experience that long ago doesn't count but it was enough I've never used it again.

I tried rain x years ago on my Dakota. The wipers had a hard time working during a massive downpour. Put a permanant noise in the gears or bearings. Not sure what type it was, thought there was only one.
I use th yellow rain x washer fluid with no problems on current vehicles, and even works if thinned with water.
I slight haze or streaking occurs, but goes away.
Greg
On Monday, March 24, 2014 1:01:55 AM UTC-5, Gz wrote:

Rain-X looks and smells like a solvent...so I'm not sure what that would accomplish?
Bob_Villa wrote:

Mud slides off? Most of my washer fluid use is this time of year where traffic leave a cloud of muddy spray and it isn't raining enough to clear the glass in its own.
KenK wrote:

We use the Rain-X Wiper fluid (the orange stuff not the yellow)...
Since we live on the Wet Coast of Canada we see more than our fair share of rain. I find it works great and self applies as you clean the windshield off when its not raining. It tends to start to wear off where the wiper blades stop and change direction when it is raining for weeks on end, but if you remember to do a few squirts every few days when it is not raining it reapplies fairly quickly.
I really like how well it works when you get caught in a torrential rain. Well others have their wipers going on high, I can turn mine off and see very well.