OT: questions about manufactured homes

Page 2 of 2
On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 21:54:38 -0700, maxinemovies <email on

The factory tour was neat, but truthfully, I saw more detail on the video on their site. I did learn that all the windows are vinyl, double paned and glazed. For plumbing, they use a flexible tubing thing, but we're going to get the optional copper.
They have Typar as an option, if we want to upgrade from Tyvek. We got to see cabinets, counter tops, etc. They explained the whole process of building, and showed us each section being done. It looks good.
We went into three model homes, small, medium and large. They're gorgeous. All in all, we're very glad we went. One of my books arrived today from amazon.com, so we'll be reading and learning more.
This manufactured home thing looks like it's definitely the way to go. We're still asking a lot of questions and will really do our homework on this, but we're starting to get excited.
(I forgot to ask about the electrical, but we've decided to go with 200 amp anyway.)
Maxi
Email addy upon request.

There is no such thing as having too much power capacity. Put in the largest service panel and drop you're allowed to.