OT, police on the radio

OT Do secret service, police plain clothes, etc. still talk into their wrist or wear coiled cords that come out of the back of their shirts and run up t heir neckes? Did they ever?
ISTM, they'd wear bluetooth-looking things, on a different frequency and scrambled, and look like veryone else, instead of looking so obvious like they do in movies. Or do the movies make them look obvious for people like me, who wouldn't know what was going one without some extra clues?

Yes.
Not sure about the USA. But, in England, the protection guys do use walkie talkies, and ear pieces, and microphones in the left hand. With small push to talk buttons. Cords up the back of their necks.
OT Do secret service, police plain clothes, etc. still talk into their wrist or wear coiled cords that come out of the back of their shirts and run up t heir neckes? Did they ever?
ISTM, they'd wear bluetooth-looking things, on a different frequency and scrambled, and look like veryone else, instead of looking so obvious like they do in movies. Or do the movies make them look obvious for people like me, who wouldn't know what was going one without some extra clues?

Are most homicide detectives smokin-hot like Kate Beckett?
In article

From my experience, more than you would think. Although most still look at lot more like Sipowitz.
On 4/22/2012 9:19 AM, Kurt Ullman wrote:

LOL!
Ok, so after finding yourself on the wrong side of the law, what are the chances of finding a sizzling attorney like Alicia Florrick?

Well since you get to pick your own defense attorney, probably higher than the other. I was a police beat reporter for 5 years and did fire investigations for nine, and the next ME I find that looks remotely like Dana Delaney OR Jeri Ryan will be the first. That is the real area I have trouble with.
On 4/22/2012 9:50 AM, Kurt Ullman wrote:

In my county the coroner is an elected position with no requirements. For many many years the coroner was a pathologist and he did most of the work but he retired. The current coroner contracts the work out mostly to a local pathology practice. One of the partners is a very attractive (and very bright) woman.