OT - Please don't feed the trolls

Page 3 of 3
To: Mayayana On 12/7/2014 10:05 AM, Mayayana wrote:

This is what people think of your edicate:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvuSCjUy61Y

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
--- Synchronet 3.15b-Win32 NewsLink 1.92 SpaceSST BBS Usenet <> Fidonet Gateway
I've posted on at least a dozen different DIY Q&A forums over the past 10 or 15 years. It's just kind of a way of relaxing for me before hitting the sack every night.
The DIYBanter newsgroup with it's total lack of any sort of "sheriff" to kick out people that are causing trouble is something I find hard to deal with. It seems to me that if you have any sort of discussion where it's common knowledge that there is no sanction for annoying other people involved in that discussion, you're always going to get some jerk that ruins it for everyone.
I'd hate to live in a society with no laws, and this DIYBanter newsgroup is about the closest thing I've encountered to it. The best we can do here is ignore people that make a nuisance of themselves, but that just doesn't cut it with me. That's like ignoring the guy who spray paints grafitti all over every wall in the neighborhood. It lowers the quality of life for everyone else in that neighborhood, and yet we can't do anything about it except ignore them? That's crap so far as I'm concerned.
Most other news groups have moderators that can kick or ban people posting in that group, and I find that helpful to prevent the jerks among us from ruining the enjoyment of everyone else.
--
nestork

On 12/10/2014 12:06 AM, nestork wrote:
-------- Original Message -------- Subject: Re: OT - Please don't feed the trolls Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 06:06:05 +0100

Hey, Ne Stork. This isn't DIY banter, this is usenet group called alt.home.repair which DIY banter invades.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

If you read the direct reply from 'Burke' to my posting the initial "Please don't feed the trolls"; The reply was ACCURATE and rather funny. I read the email to my wife and she is still laughing several days later. [She is a published professional author and has an incredible wit]
So, there is hope, with some attempt at throwing away the vitriole, disruption, feces flinging, etc. deep down inside there is someone who CAN contribute!
RobertMacy posted for all of us...

You lost me with that last paragraph. You just don't pay attention.
So you want to be the moderator or king because you don't have a capable *reader* (not brouser (sp)). There are so many levels of this post that I disagree with but I will not bloviate.
--
Tekkie

Todd posted for all of us...

Batman: cockrobin