OT, Ping Wes Groleau

Hey Wes, remember when rocket ships all landed tail first in all the SciFi movies and TV shows we watched as kids? ^_^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2t15vP1PyoA

TDD

All of Ray Bradbury's books that mention rockets have the rockets doing the same thing. But then again, in his defense, he did deny being a "science fiction" writer, despite his reputation.
--
Tegger

On 8/16/2013 7:12 PM, Tegger wrote:

A lot of that stuff I watched as a kid has become Science Fact over the years. The original Star Trek had them using tablet computers and of course the communicators which resembled flip phones. I still want a phaser to get rid of some pests without leaving any evidence behind except, perhaps, a little pile of ash. ^_^
If a man can think it up, sooner or later mankind will make it a reality. ^_^
TDD
On 08-16-2013 05:54, The Daring Dufas wrote:

Well, they can crash, then can have chutes like Apollo, they can have sufficient wing to land like the Space Shuttle, or they can land like in the video. I see no other options with current technology.
I'm old enough to have watched Flash Gordon every week. Which is too old to remember how he landed.
--
Wes Groleau

Don't get even — get odd!
On 8/17/2013 12:24 AM, Wes Groleau wrote:

My all time favorite is "Forbidden Planet". The Earth ship was a cool flying saucer and there was a cute girl in it to get the blood pumping in young male SciFi fans. Of course there was Robbie The Robot who was my favorite character. It took 2 years to make the movie the movie and I believe it's the template for all the outer space movies that came after. At imdb there a trailer for the movie worth watching. ^_^
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forbidden_Planet
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0049223/
TDD