OT/ Ping Ed Pawlowski

Ed, you mentioned in a recent thread that you were coming to Dallas to see your son. Knowing your affection for BBQ, I thought I would give "my" recommendations of the places to try while you are here. Not knowing what part of town you'll be in, if your close to any of these, these would be my 1st-4th. Fort Worth is a different list<G>
http://www.cattleackbbq.com/ This is my go to place and closest. Todd makes all his own sausage(3-5 kinds) and usually has one as a special, like his lamb and fig. just depends on the week. Brisket(excellent) ,pork ribs(excellent), beef ribs(excellent), turkey(excellent). If you catch him on a week he does pastrami, try it. Basically can't go wrong with anything here. Only thing is, they are only open on Thursday and Friday and to get any of the specials(pastrami,etc) ya got to get there early(10-10:15) and they are only open til 2:00. Beef Ribs, also sell out quick
http://pecanlodge.com As good as Cattleack and is open more often but still need to get there early. They were on Triple D and are rated #2 in the state by Texas monthly. http://www.texasmonthly.com/list/the-50-best-bbq-joints-in-the-world/.GOOD Stuffhttp://slowbone.com/real good hickory smoked brisket and smoked fried chickenopen daily for lunchhttp://hutchinsbbq.com/probably the best deal (all ya can eat for $20) and open inMcKinney and Frisco for lunch and dinnerdon't go to Dickies, Sonny Bryant's, Springcreek.HTH

Thanks. I hope to get there mid to late May. No date set yet. Better to have a recommendation than a guess, though I can't imaging a place could survive in that area if it was not at least "good" rated.
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

You'd be surprised at what some people consider good, well probably not, as long as you have been around Que. But if you'd like some of the "best", these are the ones I'd recommend.. There are others that are "good", but in my opinion these are the best in the city and all worth the waits in line