OT: Ping Bod: China

Hi Bod,
I have been watching a few Republic of China knock offs of Korean Soaps lately (they don't quite have the slip, fall, and catch with a free hug quite down, but they are getting close).
I have noticed trend in them that these soaps always take a good natured swipe at studies from England. I don't remember all the shows names, but the last one, "Murphy's Laws of Romance" said "Studies from England and statements from North Korea, you can't trust of word they say".
Is there some kind of good natured teasing going on between you guys?