OT- Pills

I as looking at some OTC pills. The 250 mg were much more expensive per dose (250 mg) than the 125 mg version of the same pill, from the same manufacturer. Every ingredient was the same, just half as much in the 125 mg version.

Being curious, and having way too much time on my hands, I decided to ask the pharmacist why anyone would pay so much more for the 250 mg version. His answer: "Well, you have to take 2 of the 125 mg version instead of just

  1. Some people don't like to do that."

Really?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

yes...I know you were joking

but I realized I had better get serious for a moment

Reply to
philo

clipped

Lasix, alone, has probably added 10 years to the life expectancy in the US ;o)

Reply to
Norminn

Derby,

If it's from the same manufacturer, looks the same, et c. then It's probably ok to double up on the lower dose. Being smart, you asked the pharmacist.so you know it's ok.

Yes, really.

Dave M.

Reply to
David L. Martel

The truth is out there, but so is a lot of bull shit.

That is why you check multiple sources and sources you trust

Reply to
Todd

They gag when they have to take too many pill. There are pill grinders too

Reply to
Todd

Hi Norminn,

Bull shit. That is what you are lead to believe. Drugs can be life saving in the short run, but nasty in the long run. Find out how to treat yourself with natural medicine and get off the stupid drugs. They are slowly poisoning you.

I can. Bear in mind I said they can be life savers in the short term. They are poisoning you in the long term. I have seen two many people hurt by them, including myself.

And those bastards withhold information on healing that is outside their field (allopathy) that is clearly in the public domain (PubMed, etc.).

That I would agree with. Both my mother and father in laws were death-by-medical caused by hospital infections brought about by careless procedures infesting them with super bugs caused over prescribing antibiotics.

Oh and you got to love their DESIGNED OPIATES! Kills more people than all the illegal drugs combined!

Allopathic medicine (the branch of medicine we call "doctors" in this country) is the technique of using a controlled dosage of a poison to cause a desired reaction. That is why you have the rebound effect and why you should only use them short term unless all other natural/traditional methods have failed.

Here is a good write up on allopathy:

In microscopic numbers. You do realize that taking properly prescribed drugs is the sixth leading killer in this country? (You have to drop Death By Medical [the number one killer] of out the equation, as drugs would be under that.) Death by (non-toxic) herbs is not even on the list.

And yes, too much water will kill you too.

You aught to see the amount of vitamin C used in non-toxic chemotherapy.

And, when I am referring to herbs, I am referring to what herbalists call "non-toxic herbs". Toxic herbs are highly frowned upon, controlled dosages or not, and, in my opinion, you are an idiot if you take them. Allopaths, on the other hand, prescribe poisons all the time: rat poison, statins, metformin (the one they had me on) yada, yada ...

Don't even think of taken them until you have researched the shit out of them and only for the short term. And only after EVERY traditional/natural method has failed.

Forgive my stridency. I am royally pissed! Those bastard withheld information that is clearly in the public domain. If I can go to PubMed, they can go too.

I didn't even know what the F***ing side effects were. Well I knew about the running down the hall one, but not the rest, including the turning you into an ass hole side effect. It sneaks up on your and you don't realize it. (The folks around you sure realize it!) You think people are picking on you. It is not until you get off the poison and the dark curtain starts to rise that you have to do a lot of apologizing. And not one peep out of the Allopath that prescribed the shit to me and not a peep about not having to takes drugs at all! I am so pissed!

Sorry if it is coming out like I am taking it out on you. I really don't mean to.

-T

Reply to
Todd