OT- Pills

Page 1 of 2
If someone has pills, which are 250mg, and take two. Is it the same as taking one 500mg pill?
On 03/14/2014 05:44 PM, Jerry wrote:

Hi Jerry,
Yes. Or if you cut a 250 mg pill in half, he will get 125 mg, presuming the chemical in question is homogeneous throughout the pill.
You should avoid using drugs long term. In the short term, they can be very valuable. In the long term, go find an Herbalist. My 2 cents
-T
--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
the riddle wrapped in an enigma wrapped
On 3/14/2014 9:01 PM, Todd wrote:

That's a crock! There are lots of drugs that are life sustaining! Good grief! I can't believe you made such a sweeping statement. There are also loads of problems caused by overprescribing. And there are herbs and supplements that can cause problems; too much vitamin C can affect blood clotting.
Key to pharmaceutical drug use is knowing one's condition and knowing the pharmacology of whatever drugs are being taken.
Yes, 250mg plus 250mg is 500mg. If it is a Rx, shouldn't be doubled unless the doc says okay. And cutting some "pills" might be contraindicated, as they may be timed release.
On 3/15/2014 7:09 AM, Norminn wrote:

I take a lot of medications and a couple of them are Lasix and rat poison. ^_^
TDD
clipped

Lasix, alone, has probably added 10 years to the life expectancy in the US ;o)
On 03/15/2014 05:09 AM, Norminn wrote:

Hi Norminn,

Bull shit. That is what you are lead to believe. Drugs can be life saving in the short run, but nasty in the long run. Find out how to treat yourself with natural medicine and get off the stupid drugs. They are slowly poisoning you.

I can. Bear in mind I said they can be life savers in the short term. They are poisoning you in the long term. I have seen two many people hurt by them, including myself.
And those bastards withhold information on healing that is outside their field (allopathy) that is clearly in the public domain (PubMed, etc.).
> There are

That I would agree with. Both my mother and father in laws were death-by-medical caused by hospital infections brought about by careless procedures infesting them with super bugs caused over prescribing antibiotics.
Oh and you got to love their DESIGNED OPIATES! Kills more people than all the illegal drugs combined!
Allopathic medicine (the branch of medicine we call "doctors" in this country) is the technique of using a controlled dosage of a poison to cause a desired reaction. That is why you have the rebound effect and why you should only use them short term unless all other natural/traditional methods have failed.
Here is a good write up on allopathy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allopathic_medicine
> And there are herbs > and supplements that can cause problems; too much vitamin > C can affect blood clotting.
In microscopic numbers. You do realize that taking properly prescribed drugs is the sixth leading killer in this country? (You have to drop Death By Medical [the number one killer] of out the equation, as drugs would be under that.) Death by (non-toxic) herbs is not even on the list.
And yes, too much water will kill you too.
You aught to see the amount of vitamin C used in non-toxic chemotherapy.
And, when I am referring to herbs, I am referring to what herbalists call "non-toxic herbs". Toxic herbs are highly frowned upon, controlled dosages or not, and, in my opinion, you are an idiot if you take them. Allopaths, on the other hand, prescribe poisons all the time: rat poison, statins, metformin (the one they had me on) yada, yada ...

Don't even think of taken them until you have researched the shit out of them and only for the short term. And only after EVERY traditional/natural method has failed.
Forgive my stridency. I am royally pissed! Those bastard withheld information that is clearly in the public domain. If I can go to PubMed, they can go too.
I didn't even know what the F***ing side effects were. Well I knew about the running down the hall one, but not the rest, including the turning you into an ass hole side effect. It sneaks up on your and you don't realize it. (The folks around you sure realize it!) You think people are picking on you. It is not until you get off the poison and the dark curtain starts to rise that you have to do a lot of apologizing. And not one peep out of the Allopath that prescribed the shit to me and not a peep about not having to takes drugs at all! I am so pissed!
Sorry if it is coming out like I am taking it out on you. I really don't mean to.
-T
--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
the riddle wrapped in an enigma wrapped
On 03/14/2014 07:44 PM, Jerry wrote:

Yes,,,but whatever the meds go on-line and read all about them. If your doctor is telling you to do something you don't think is right, you have the right to question him or her.
On 03/14/2014 08:28 PM, philo wrote:

1++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Don't take any pill unless you go on line and check it out with multiple sources
--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
the riddle wrapped in an enigma wrapped
Todd wrote:

Hi, Every thing on-line is not all right and true.

BS. They can't put anything in the internet that isn't true.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=bufTna0WArc
On 03/15/2014 08:56 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Notice: I did not tell anyone not to take their doctor prescribed meds...but I did say to do your own research.
One good way to do so is simply get the monograph from the manufacturer itself.

First, I don't know why you responded to my post.
Second, I sure hope you didn't think my post was serious. If you did, please, please click on the link.
On 03/15/2014 01:25 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

yes...I know you were joking
but I realized I had better get serious for a moment
On 03/14/2014 10:01 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:

The truth is out there, but so is a lot of bull shit.
That is why you check multiple sources and sources you trust
--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
the riddle wrapped in an enigma wrapped

A wise policy. More than once, I have thrown a prescription or even the pills themselves in the trash.

And question that doctor, ever after.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 3/15/2014 12:17 AM, Todd wrote:

I've heard from several people, the sleeping pill Ambien is more trouble than it's worth.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
Stormin Mormon wrote: