OT- Pills

If someone has pills, which are 250mg, and take two. Is it the same as taking one 500mg pill?

Reply to
Jerry

Hi Jerry,

Yes. Or if you cut a 250 mg pill in half, he will get

125 mg, presuming the chemical in question is homogeneous throughout the pill.

You should avoid using drugs long term. In the short term, they can be very valuable. In the long term, go find an Herbalist. My 2 cents

-T

Reply to
Todd

Yes,,,but whatever the meds go on-line and read all about them. If your doctor is telling you to do something you don't think is right, you have the right to question him or her.

Reply to
philo

1++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Don't take any pill unless you go on line and check it out with multiple sources

Reply to
Todd

Hi, THat is mistake people often make.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Hi, Every thing on-line is not all right and true.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

A wise policy. More than once, I have thrown a prescription or even the pills themselves in the trash.

Reply to
gfretwell

I know two people who have been nearly killed by doctors (maybe three). As for me, I've gone to the doc one time, and he made me worse instead of better. I'd file suit if I could prove it, but he'd show up in a white coat and lie about it.

To answer Jerry's question: yes.

What Jerry didn't ask, is that all pills are not created equal. Some brands of the same medicine work better than others.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I've heard from several people, the sleeping pill Ambien is more trouble than it's worth.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

DUMB

Reply to
philo

And question that doctor, ever after.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

That's a crock! There are lots of drugs that are life sustaining! Good grief! I can't believe you made such a sweeping statement. There are also loads of problems caused by overprescribing. And there are herbs and supplements that can cause problems; too much vitamin C can affect blood clotting.

Key to pharmaceutical drug use is knowing one's condition and knowing the pharmacology of whatever drugs are being taken.

Yes, 250mg plus 250mg is 500mg. If it is a Rx, shouldn't be doubled unless the doc says okay. And cutting some "pills" might be contraindicated, as they may be timed release.

Reply to
Norminn

Reply to
Tony Hwang

No, that's not something I'd write.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I take a lot of medications and a couple of them are Lasix and rat poison. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

BS. They can't put anything in the internet that isn't true.

DerbyDad03

Notice: I did not tell anyone not to take their doctor prescribed meds...but I did say to do your own research.

One good way to do so is simply get the monograph from the manufacturer itself.

Reply to
philo

Jerry,

If you take 2 pills containing 250 mg of active ingredient then you have taken 500 mg of active ingredient. The inactive ingredients may be important though. So be sure that these are the same type of pills.Some pills are gel caps, some are slow release, some are enteric coated, some are chewable or designed for quick absorbtion, et c. Don't expect 2 slow release 250 mg pills to have the same effect as a

500mg fast release pill.

Dave M.

Reply to
David L. Martel

Not always.

Some pills are coated to regulate the rate they dissolve. So taking two pills instead of one gives a faster rate of dissolving.

Reply to
harryagain

First, I don't know why you responded to my post.

Second, I sure hope you didn't think my post was serious. If you did, please, please click on the link.

Reply to
DerbyDad03