OT: Pi in the sky

Page 2 of 2

Pi sure isn't 22/7 or any other number that can be expressed as X/Y. If Pi were able to be expressed that way, it would be a RATIONAL number, which it is not.
dadiOH wrote:

Few will get your reference to an Oklahoma directive to the schools in the state. . .
Higgs Boson wrote:

Lim time!
A favorite fantasy project of mine, Is a new value of pi to assign. I would let it be three, For it's simpler, you see, Than three point one four one five nine.
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Does anybody still use furlongs?
HB
On Sun, 27 Mar 2011 17:07:01 -0700 (PDT), Higgs Boson

two six five three five... It goes on but that's as much as I memorized.

Horses.

You're right, I'm not.

No, she isn't. You've been taken in by a hoax. http://www.livescience.com/13405-pi-important-hoax-simplifying-110324.html
On Mar 28, 2:34pm, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

Yeah, I already apologized to the NG for NOT checking Snopes first, as I'm always advising my gullible friends who forward EVERYTHING w/o checking. It didn't seem a LITTLE odd, but as was discussed above, there's no lower limit to what one can expect from the current crop of deeply ignorant far-far-far-Right Republicans, who march in disciplined lockstep with their equally ignorant "leader".

<irony meter explodes>
On 3/28/2011 8:11 PM, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:

Did you use your Pee Wee Herman voice? :-)
TDD

No, it seemed a LOT odd.

current crop of deeply bigoted and hateful far-far-far-leftists, who are willing to believe *anything*, no matter how ridiculous, as long as it casts Republicans in a bad light -- and are willing to publish it, accompanied by vicious personal slurs, without bothering to check to see if it's true.
Possibly you'll recognize yourself in the above description, but I doubt it.
On Mar 28, 8:08pm, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

Yes. I mis-typed, and don't know how to recall a posted message.

(Falls down laughing.) For "vicious personal slurs" I refer you to the Fox News axis (axis as elucidated by David Fromm, not by science), as well as the assorted far-far-Right candidates and elected officials. Their ignorant utterances would be hilarious --ARE hilarious as satirized by that young people's political science professor, Jon Stewart.
Hoodathot that one day the education they aren't getting in school would be furnished by a TV comic! I just LOVE the sequences where he pastes together the, uh,"commentaries" of the far-far-Right ignoramuses, mouthing the same set phrases about Event X of the day. Their lockstep-edness would be hilarious if it weren't so tragic. Sic transit gloria mundi..

I was right -- you didn't.