OT: Pi in the sky

Lim time!

A favorite fantasy project of mine, Is a new value of pi to assign. I would let it be three, For it's simpler, you see, Than three point one four one five nine.

Jeff

Reply to
jeff_wisnia

Few will get your reference to an Oklahoma directive to the schools in the state. . .

Reply to
HeyBub

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Does anybody still use furlongs?

HB

Reply to
Higgs Boson

two six five three five... It goes on but that's as much as I memorized.

Horses.

Reply to
mm

You're right, I'm not.

No, she isn't. You've been taken in by a hoax.

Doug Miller

More than you ever wanted to know about that can be found right here:

Doug Miller

Yeah, I already apologized to the NG for NOT checking Snopes first, as I'm always advising my gullible friends who forward EVERYTHING w/o checking. It didn't seem a LITTLE odd, but as was discussed above, there's no lower limit to what one can expect from the current crop of deeply ignorant far-far-far-Right Republicans, who march in disciplined lockstep with their equally ignorant "leader".

Reply to
Higgs Boson

hoax.http://www.livescience.com/13405-pi-important-hoax-simplifying-110324...>

Reply to
krw

hoax.http://www.livescience.com/13405-pi-important-hoax-simplifying-110324...>>

Did you use your Pee Wee Herman voice? :-)

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

No, it seemed a LOT odd.

And, obviously, neither is there a lower limit to what one can expect from the current crop of deeply bigoted and hateful far-far-far-leftists, who are willing to believe *anything*, no matter how ridiculous, as long as it casts Republicans in a bad light -- and are willing to publish it, accompanied by vicious personal slurs, without bothering to check to see if it's true.

Possibly you'll recognize yourself in the above description, but I doubt it.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Yes. I mis-typed, and don't know how to recall a posted message.

(Falls down laughing.) For "vicious personal slurs" I refer you to the Fox News axis (axis as elucidated by David Fromm, not by science), as well as the assorted far-far-Right candidates and elected officials. Their ignorant utterances would be hilarious --ARE hilarious as satirized by that young people's political science professor, Jon Stewart.

Hoodathot that one day the education they aren't getting in school would be furnished by a TV comic! I just LOVE the sequences where he pastes together the, uh,"commentaries" of the far-far-Right ignoramuses, mouthing the same set phrases about Event X of the day. Their lockstep-edness would be hilarious if it weren't so tragic. Sic transit gloria mundi..

Reply to
Higgs Boson

I was right -- you didn't.

Reply to