OT - phone marketers

Page 2 of 2
On 11-18-2013, 09:50, Stormin Mormon wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8G1Wqw_0u-U

--
Wes Groleau

In any formula, constants (especially those obtained
On 11/19/2013 2:22 AM, Wes Groleau wrote:

Wonder if she wants to visit me for a couple days? That would be nice, to put the card processing people in their place.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Just say you will bebackina minute.
& then just leave the phone off the hook.
harryagain wrote:

https://www.donotcall.gov/
--
Bill

not april 1st yet
On 11/19/2013 12:38 PM, RobertMacy wrote:

That works as well as obamacare dot gov.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 11/19/2013 12:26 PM, willshak wrote:

If only that actually worked.
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
On 11/19/2013 2:03 PM, Nate Nagel wrote:

It's ignored and most calls probably don't originate in the US.
Reminds me of a while back when I traced cold calls from Canada, I tried to get on their registry but was refused.
I assume cold callers in the US bug Canadians and vice versa with impunity.
I don't waste my time trying to stop cold calls but do things for my own amusement like ask to speak to a white person just to annoy them. My wife said I could be sued for some of the stuff I say to them. I told her, if I was, I'd be a national hero with millions coming to my defense ;)
Nate Nagel wrote:

Does it not work for you? It's worked for me since I registered when it first came out 9 years ago. I have not gotten any telemarketing calls in all that time. I also have a non-published phone number.
--
Bill

Per willshak:

Count your blessings. It used to work for me too. No more.
And I have a stack of lame letters from the Penna Atty General's office in response to complaints lodged at the Penna DNC list website to the effect of "The world has moved on. These guys are now offshore hiding behind VOIP, sometimes with multiple hops and there's nothing we can do."
I would disagree with the last thought, but it seems clear that the DNC lists are on their way to being history.
--
Pete Cresswell

Found that they were mostly just getting local mom and poppers who were too dumb to know about it. The only exception to that was the local roofers who called 6 times after the second time I asked them to take me off their list. I figured they deserved to have the world brought down around their ears.
but what they conceal is vital."

What I do with telemarketers is just say:
Excuse me, but I was brought up to believe that it's impolite to hang up on someone.
However, I have already told you that I'm not interested in what you're selling, but you just keep talking about the same thing, and so I don't see that I have any other option.
Click.
--
nestork

On 11/19/2013 3:01 PM, nestork wrote:

With me, a simple GFY suffices before I hang up ;)
On 11/19/2013 3:30 PM, Frank wrote:

After saying no to one pushy female, three times. Gave her a shot on the police whistle and hung up. she called back eight or nine times in a row (call ID is helpful). About a day later, there is a message on my answering machine suggesting I should get professional help. I don't take advice like that from pushy, clueless idiots who don't take a hint.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 11/19/2013 5:53 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

To those that say, these poor people are only trying to make a living, I say so does the thief that sticks a gun in your back demanding money. I have zero sympathy for both.

If you've got a puter modem with Caller ID: http://www.phonetray.com/
http://www.beiley.com/acallerid/index.html
I use this. It happens to work for me...but apparently not everyone:
(Amazon.com product link shortened)71214342&sr=8-2&keywords=pro+call+blocker