OT Penn state university.

Page 4 of 4

I'm not sure pride or anything else has much to do about this. Anyway you analyze what went on at Penn State it was just dumb. If anything, it looks more about protecting certain individuals than Penn State's image.,

The actions of Sandusky had nothing to do with pride but the ensuing coverup surely did, by protecting university individuals to try to keep the story from going public. Pride = attendance = income. At least that's my viewpoint.

I would buy that IF the Penn State officials had gotten rid of Sandusky. If they were worried about the pride and image of Penn State, why on earth would they keep Sandusky around, knowing what he was up to? Any thinking person could see that this was a potential bomb waiting to take the whole thing down, pride and all. And that the probability of it blowing up on them is high. A child sex abuser who's 60 does not reform.
So, sorry, but don't buy the pride thing. It just looks like a bunch of dumbies to me. Dumbies who perhaps put Sandusky above Penn State pride.
On 7/26/2012 12:44 PM, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

You don't seem to be very familiar with big organizations where all moral compasses have been disabled in favor of the "good" of the organization. Their entire culture was to do everything "for the team". They were so arrogant they thought they could simply ignore it up and maybe all of their mindless followers would even defend them when the rape of young boys was uncovered. Ever hear of an organization where a statue of a living person was placed at a main entrance as in the recently removed that never should have been there Paterno statue? Thats mindless "for the team" worship.

And you don't seem to understand that if the goal was the good of the organization, then those running the organization would have simply gotten rid of Sandusky. Not reporting what they knew had occured to the police, though reprehensible, was consistent with protecting the organization. Allowing Sandusky to continue to bring kids over, use the Penn State facilities, in essence helping him further his crimes, was obviously courting disaster with a high probability of it destroying them all.
On Fri, 27 Jul 2012 14:31:15 -0700 (PDT), " snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net"

From an underling's perspective, it's either getting fired now (for turning the perv in) or getting fired somewhere down the line when the thing explodes. It's not a difficult decision for most. This is on the inner circle.
On 7/27/2012 5:31 PM, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

there is the broken "good for the team" as practiced at Penn state. Know anyplace else where a statue of a *living* person was erected at the main entrance?

Unfortunately, this sort of thing is becoming all too common.

There's an old axiom about keeping your enemies close so that you can keep a watchful eye on them.
The Chinese did have a lot of wisdom. However, I hope they had cast iron underpants for their boys, with Sandusky close by. That Sandusky has a reputation of being a PIA.
There's an old axiom about keeping your enemies close so that you can keep a watchful eye on them.
I thought it was completely insensetive. But, then, I'm an insensetive kind of guy.

Nice pun, though insensitive for the subject.

There's an old axiom about keeping your enemies close so that you can keep a watchful eye on them.
{{
Recall Pogo 'We have met the enemy and they is us'?
they nearly got a 4 year death penalty, and they should have they richly deserved it.......
source internet news this am
RonB wrote:

Don't forget that the NCAA and its membership is a fairly compact society - everybody knows everybody and has for years and years. If the NCAA issued TOO big a penalty, the coaches, sports directors, etc., may worry that the same could happen to them. Those in decision-making positions at the NCAA could very well be replaced by a worried membership.

<http://in.reuters.com/article/2012/07/23/usa-pennstate-idINL2E8INCC020120723
Pay no attention to the "toothless geek behind the curtain."
I've been reading this group for 5-6 years and Harry is nothing, if not a rotten toothed troll...
Yes they have plenty of pervs OVER there....Don't they?
But very few dentists....This troll will start a thread and you guys just jump right in, to feed the toothless wonder.<sorry for all you fine peeps who have "IT" killfiled!>
This KFed' troll is worth his weight in entertainment and decayed teeth...
I see him now, sitting at his/her/it's keyboard, trying to think of one more way to RIP the USA. As if good ol' Brits are clean of any past accusations.
OFF WITH HER HEAD. "SAID THE FAT MAN TO THE HEAD CUTTER-OFFERER"
HEH,HEH...