OT Passport renewal

Page 1 of 2
FWIW If you are thinking about renewing your book passport and are wondering how long you will not have a passport.
I sent my passport and application in for renewal and received the new passport book exactly 15 days later. I used the normal service, not the expedited service.

Let me be the first to guess - you're in the US of A ? ..and the first to congratulate you for even having a passport ! John T.
snipped-for-privacy@ccanoemail.ca wrote in wrote:

Sorry to not have indicated that. Yes.
On 24/08/16 01:46, snipped-for-privacy@ccanoemail.ca wrote:

Not everyone wanna tour foreign countries. There are citizens who just feel very very comfortable at home, not wanting to wander elsewhere.
Anyway, his/her problem is the mail and courier services. I supposed US Postal Services had special precautions when handling documents like passports and credit cards, wasn't it? :)
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty!
On Tuesday, August 23, 2016 at 2:52:26 PM UTC-4, Mr. Man-wai Chang wrote:

Where do you see a "problem"?
He simply told us how long it took. There was no indication as to whether he thought that was long time, a short time or a comfortable time.
On 24/08/16 03:58, DerbyDad03 wrote:

The package took too long to reach him/her ... :)
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty!
On Wednesday, August 24, 2016 at 7:01:28 AM UTC-4, Mr. Man-wai Chang wrote:

"Too long" according to who?
The OP did nothing more than post a time frame - 15 days. He did not complain about the length of time, he simply told us what it was. Until he specifically tells us that he thinks that the 15 days was too long we don't know that he has a "problem".
Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't, but at this point there is no reason to assume that he does.
On 8/24/2016 6:23 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Perhaps it was an off handed comment expressing surprise at the quick turnaround considering all the Hollywood types and Liberal goofs promising to leave the country if Trump wins. ;)
On 24/08/16 19:23, DerbyDad03 wrote:

OK, I really didn't know how the passport was handled. But most Amazon shipping methods are offering 2-day delivery .... :)
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty!
On Wednesday, August 24, 2016 at 7:41:06 AM UTC-4, Mr. Man-wai Chang wrote:

The delivery is only a few days of the 15, it's the passport office processing times that's most of the time. And like Derby said, I don't see him complaining, only informing. Fifteen days isn't typically a problem, you usually don't have to go out of the country with little notice and if you do, there are faster options.
On 24/08/16 20:01, trader_4 wrote:

In the old days without computers, I suspect it would take even more time for checking the records. Anyway, with terrorism in the picture, it might take even more time....
I really don't know much about the approval process within the immigration department though.
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty!
On Wednesday, August 24, 2016 at 7:41:06 AM UTC-4, Mr. Man-wai Chang wrote:

He didn't buy something on-line, he renewed a passport. If he were to come back and tell us that the passport was renewed in 1 day but it took 14 days to ship it back, then I'd agree that he had a "problem".
Renewing a passport is a process, not an on-line purchase. I'll wager that the "shipping" time was a minor portion of that 15 day period.
On 8/24/2016 8:11 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

+1
Figure mailing it in takes 2-3 days, return trip is, at least it was earlier this year, by USPS Priority Mail so that's another 2-3 days which leaves 9-11 days for processing. Considering it's the government, that's not bad at all. It didn't take us much longer than that for original passports even though we were warned it could be a month or so.
On Wednesday, August 24, 2016 at 10:21:33 AM UTC-4, Unquestionably Confused wrote:

Is it just a coincidence that you left "9-11" days for processing?
On 8/24/2016 9:26 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

[snip]

Could be. Then again have you noticed the black helicopters?
;)
snipped-for-privacy@ameritech.net says...

Here, in Texas, when I sent off the paperwork for my LTC (License To Carry) they said to allow six weeks for processing. I got my LTC back in five weeks and four days. I would venture to guess that more people have passports than gun permits.
--
RonNNN

On 24/08/16 21:11, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Reasonable. And don't forget about 9/11's effect.
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty!
On 24/08/16 00:52, KenK wrote:

Why would one NOT do this personally in the office? The passport is very important to you, isn't it?
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty!

the

very

No local service.