OT Passport renewal

FWIW If you are thinking about renewing your book passport and are wondering how long you will not have a passport.

I sent my passport and application in for renewal and received the new passport book exactly 15 days later. I used the normal service, not the expedited service.

Reply to
KenK

Let me be the first to guess - you're in the US of A ? ..and the first to congratulate you for even having a passport ! John T.

Reply to
hubops

Why would one NOT do this personally in the office? The passport is very important to you, isn't it?

Reply to
Mr. Man-wai Chang

"Mr. Man-wai Chang" wrote in news:npi3ol$eee$2 @dont-email.me:

No local service.

Reply to
KenK

snipped-for-privacy@ccanoemail.ca wrote in news:8v1prbdib5l5j170ecfmuu44lk14kudrmi@

4ax.com:

Sorry to not have indicated that. Yes.

Reply to
KenK

Then it's your government's fault. :)

Reply to
Mr. Man-wai Chang

Not everyone wanna tour foreign countries. There are citizens who just feel very very comfortable at home, not wanting to wander elsewhere.

Anyway, his/her problem is the mail and courier services. I supposed US Postal Services had special precautions when handling documents like passports and credit cards, wasn't it? :)

Reply to
Mr. Man-wai Chang

No, it's not the governments responsibility to be everything to everyone.

The government's responsibility is to spend what it deems necessary, plus anywhere from 100% to 500% more than necessary, on entitlements for those not willing to contribute to society, somewhat less than necessary for national defense and more than necessary to fatten the bank accounts of the politicians themselves.

That is how the government has been working for far too many years and the trend has been greatly accelerated under the current regime.

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

Where do you see a "problem"?

He simply told us how long it took. There was no indication as to whether he thought that was long time, a short time or a comfortable time.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Well if it is the gov't says you HAVE to have a passport in the first place, then they would have some responsibility to make it reasonably easy for you to get one.... no?

Reply to
makolber

Our renewals took nearly a month. I think this is my fourth passport and I had not even used the last one except to expedite getting one of those tougher, secure drivers licenses on renewal.

Used to be that you did not need them to get into Canada or Mexico or on a cruise but now you do.

If you can afford the 90 bucks or so and pay for pictures it is worth while having one. You need two positive id's to buy a gun.

Reply to
Frank

They require you to figure out your income taxes, and see no reason to make that easy or even bearable.

Reply to
Taxed and Spent

Where did KenK say it wasn't easy for him to get one? To answer your liberal question: NO!

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

Passports are for registered US slaves/taxpayers. If you're an illegal alien, you don't need no stinkin' passport.

Reply to
Grumpy Old White Guy

The package took too long to reach him/her ... :)

Reply to
Mr. Man-wai Chang

"Too long" according to who?

The OP did nothing more than post a time frame - 15 days. He did not complain about the length of time, he simply told us what it was. Until he specifically tells us that he thinks that the 15 days was too long we don't know that he has a "problem".

Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't, but at this point there is no reason to assume that he does.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Perhaps it was an off handed comment expressing surprise at the quick turnaround considering all the Hollywood types and Liberal goofs promising to leave the country if Trump wins. ;)

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

OK, I really didn't know how the passport was handled. But most Amazon shipping methods are offering 2-day delivery .... :)

Reply to
Mr. Man-wai Chang

The delivery is only a few days of the 15, it's the passport office processing times that's most of the time. And like Derby said, I don't see him complaining, only informing. Fifteen days isn't typically a problem, you usually don't have to go out of the country with little notice and if you do, there are faster options.

Reply to
trader_4

He didn't buy something on-line, he renewed a passport. If he were to come back and tell us that the passport was renewed in 1 day but it took 14 days to ship it back, then I'd agree that he had a "problem".

Renewing a passport is a process, not an on-line purchase. I'll wager that the "shipping" time was a minor portion of that 15 day period.

Reply to
DerbyDad03