OT Pancho

OT

Did you know that Pancho, on the Cisco Kid, was during the 6 years the show was filmed, between 70 and 75 years old?

He didn't look it, did he.

Leo Carrillo State Park was named after him because he was an environmentalist.

"Oh, Cisco"

Reply to
Micky

Inclusive? I hope so!

Reply to
DerbyDad03

I believe that Cisco Kid was the first TV show I ever saw.

That was maybe 1952 or 53 and there was one person on our block who had a TV, so all of us kids went over.

First time I saw it, I could not discern the picture...all I saw were unrecognizable black and white splotches. It took my brain several minutes to interpret what it saw.

Reply to
philo

I think we went to the Rentzes to watch tv but I don't remember it. My older brother talked about it.

So the picture was bad, but you figured it out.

Reply to
Micky

On 03/06/2016 12:50 AM, Micky wrote: X

The picture was absolutely NOT bad

it was quite clear...it's just that I had never watched TV before and my mind did not know how to process the information.

BTW: There was only *one* station

Reply to
philo

Interesting to learn this. I recall the series seeing it when I was a kid.

Reply to
Frank

My father bought our first TV in 1952 and it had at least a 21" screen, if not a 26" screen (things look bigger when yer only 4 yrs old). ;)

nb

Reply to
notbob