OT: Out of jail, new lawn

That is passing odd. The FBI runs, operates and is the supervising authority for the NCIC systems. Abuse of the system is grounds for pulling the local jurisdictions right to use it and it happens. Happened to a guy I knew when I was dispatching (in another agency). The usual penalty is the guilty party gets fired. He did. His offense? Sent a personal message over the system. Of course there were some "extenuating" circumstances. He started with our agency and we were very glad when he left. He only lasted about a year at the next one before the firing and I suspect that agency was looking for a good excuse.
I don't think it comes up to a criminal offense though
Harry K.
Harry K wrote:

The FBI has pulled access to their system several times from a small very wealthy municipality in our area. Their law enforcement personnel were kowtowing to the Rolls Royce crowd's wishes to garner information on various people. I can just about guarantee you that if I were to hack into NCIC, I would be paraded around for the TV crews while dressed in a stylish orange jumpsuit with shackles and chains as decorative accessories.
TDD
TDD