OT: Other great NG's

I'm attempting to find other great NG's, with loads of helpful information. The home repair seems to be the best on the net so far.
I downloaded one about trucking (barf, barf), same with HVAC, same with eBay marketing, and a few others.
Looking for some with people sharing real ideas and information. Some I'm attempting to find include, car repair, gardening, everyday buying, and just about anything useful for everyday living.
What are some of your favorites?
Thanks.
rec.crafts.metalworking - though it can sure get off topic
rec.woodworking - pretty much furniture types, but stays on topic
--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DanG

You gotta be kidding! We go off-topic there all the time...
--
Regards,
On Sat, 10 Feb 2007 22:55:57 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

Shame on you <LOL>
If you like a bunch of OT political Bullshit, you can visit rec.outdoors.rv-travel Some of the photography groups are on topic and helpful
--
Steve Barker

"Moe" < snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
DoItYourself.com
good LARGE site, I tend to be low profile unoffensive and am a moderator for a very large message board about weight loss surgery. So I KNOW how to behave, but after asking some questions there felt unwanted and left.......
appeared to fit in here better.........
but its still a nice site

For gardening, rec.gardens is good. Traffic is low, but lots of knowledgable folks and very little spam. -Felder

Check:
alt.home.lawn.garden
-- Oren
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com says...

Try rec.autos.tech or rec.autos.misc - there are other auto-related groups that are brand-specific, if you have a particular manufacturer in mind.
Also misc.consumers for "everyday buying", and for "everyday buying" on the cheap, misc.consumers.frugal-living.
You can search for other groups at http://groups.google.com/ .
Dave

The best way to find a group is use Google. Search for the topic you are interested in, and instead of hitting search, hit "more" and pick "groups"