OT, One Of My Heroes Is Gone

A national hero RIP.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41225595/ns/us_news-life/?gt1C001
http://preview.tinyurl.com/4u45sqf
TDD

He said, "If it's man made, don't eat it, and, if it tastes good, spit it out."
George Burns lived longer and smoked cigars.

Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing. Redd Foxx

I heard that when somebody asked him about his sex life he would say that he and his wife still had sex almost every night. Almost on Monday, almost on Tuesday, almost on Wednesday...
-C-
On Mon, 24 Jan 2011 00:13:16 -0600, The Daring Dufas wrote:

Jack in he latter years had respiratory ailments. LA was a pretty shitty choice air quality wise for one who suffered as he did. 96 is a pretty long life though. Who knows if he had lived somewhere with cleaner air like Honolulu how much longer he would have lived. I think LA is number 1 or 2 worst polluted cities.

On Mon, 24 Jan 2011 20:31:32 +0000 (UTC), Meat Plow

I used to live in the LA area in the 1970s. Every 4 or 5 days I had to clean a film off my car windows. After I moved to a rural farm area in the Southeast, I didn't have to do that any more.

On 1/24/2011 2:31 PM, Meat Plow wrote:

Actually it is number 3.
Most polluted US cities - By year-round particle pollution
1. Bakersfield, California 2. Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 3. Los Angeles, California 4. Visalia, California 5. Birmingham, Alabama 6. Hanford, California 7. Fresno, California 8. Cincinnati, Ohio 9. Detroit, Michigan 10. Cleveland, Ohio
On Wed, 26 Jan 2011 04:27:02 +0000, Red Green wrote:

Why do these fucknuts try to split hairs?

On 1/24/2011 2:31 PM, Meat Plow wrote:

Whenever I've lived around the ocean and swam in salt water, my lungs and sinuses always seemed to stay clear. :-)
TDD