OT- OK, how did they do this?

Google the word "failure"...
I don't agree with the definition, but someone sure was clever...
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)

It's just the simplest use of web technology. Set up a filter to catch a key word... redirect. Probably a Democratic conspiracy.

I doubt it. There's not a Democrat smart enough.
Steve

It's called a googlebomb and all it does is point out the weakness in Google's software.
It would be trivial to associate your name with any key word... Take your pick.
--
Go read this. Now.
<http://www.ejectejecteject.com/archives/000129.html
Jeff Wisnia wrote:

Here's the why and how:
http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2005/09/googlebombing-failure.html

Obviously desperate people with no lives.
SteveB wrote:

That's reaching. People with an agenda, people who find creative/unorthodox ways of making a point, maybe. Not sure how that leads to a conclusion of desperate with no lives...
wrote in message

If all a person has to do all day is sit around and find adolescent ways to make a point, I would call that desperate. A person who does that obviously has no life to live, or they would be busy working, eating, sleeping, procreating, or just being.
My wish is that they would spend half that much time on two things:
Education to understand the governmental processes. So many who rail and bawl are totally ignorant of how things work. Case in point: many did not know that FEMA is NOT a first responder.
Second: Activism. If they are so dissatisfied with the leadership, get out and change it. But that reverts back to education. It would take a knowledgeable person to work on getting voters out, being active in a political party, or just making it to the polls themselves.
I think this society is coming to the point where we have more bloggers, flamers, newsgroup sociopaths and ranters than voters. Look at the percentages. Maybe all the people who didn't vote were busy at home on their computers kvetching.
Just a thought.
Steve
SteveB writes:

Like us newsgroup posters.

Not quite. Many who come here ask about things related to home repairs. I doubt that those who ask on topic questions are desperate people with no lives, even the few with monumental or numerous home improvement problems.
The ones with desperate lives are those who complain about every little thing. The government. Anyone who has more than they do. Perceived injustices. Life's not fair, and there's no justice in this world. What other people say and do. Imagined conspiracies involving politics, the electorate process, or government in general.
Those who post hundreds of posts a week on every inane topic. Those who follow contentious endless pointless debates with the fervor of a zealot. Why, if they would devote as many hours, effort, and dedication to any business or humanitarian venture, they would have a guaranteed success. Instead, they are so stupid that they don't have a clue that they don't know that they don't have a clue. How in the world they get a driver's license and are allowed out of the house without adult supervision is beyond my comprehension.
Google up their posts, and see the patterns of their activity. How in the world could they possibly have any coherent life in the slices of time between blogging, ranting, or just complaining?
Some of us here may be desperate people who are seeking the answers to a clogged toilet, mouldy grout, or missing shingles. But at least we are not so desperate that we fill our lives with the pointless futility of unwinnable debates.
We can read the topic: alt.home.repair and have enough functioning brain cells to grasp that this is a discussion group about fixing up houses .............. simple minded as that may make us seem. And if that puts us in a class of desperate people, then I am happy to be here.
At least I know WTF is going on.
Steve
SteveB wrote:

That would make a great epitaph.